Newbie LY197 F1

Hi gents,

Picked up my 197 last week - loving it so far.

Just trying to buy the bits I need for the 5 year service and was wondering what exactly I need?

So far I know of;

Cambelt Kit
Waterpump

Anything else?

Oil/Plugs/Filters etc are non important I can do these myself.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks very much for that.

Do these prices look about right? they are from Renault Parts Direct;

Alternator Belt Kit - £66.44
Cam Belt Kit - £119.99
Dephaser Pulley - £112.86
Water Pump - £59.64

Total - £358.93

Thanks.

Welcome.

There pretty good prices to be fair, you might be able to find them a little cheaper if you do some browsing.

Might want to make sure the rest of these have been done also...
Cambelt is 5 years or 72k
Spark Plugs are 36k (no time limit)
Fuel filter is 144k (it's part of the pump)
Air filter 2 years or 24k
Coolant & brake fluid is 4 years or 72k

Does it matter if the parts are original renault?

It has full service history up to the point I bought it last week and has done 35,000 miles.

Thanks

Does it matter if the parts are original renault?

It has full service history up to the point I bought it last week and has done 35,000 miles.

Thanks

Its like anything mate, would you want to take the risk of none oem parts? On a cambelt or anything like that i certainly wouldnt, but on spark plugs which you are only 1k off you could get none oem, infact some people do put different ones in, just an example ofc.

I would only fit parts which are genuine or superior to genuine. Like I would only have ggenuine cam belt/dephaser but I have an itg panel filter in place of the original.

You can always find the oem parts cheaper without the Renault badge that adds 30-100% on the price.
Like any big auto company Renault have many suppliers for each part. Gates make belts for Renault, Lux make clutches, SNR make brake discs etc.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4