Newbie - Picking up my R27 any day now :D

Just a quick hello, agreed a deal on a Red F1 team R27.

Car has outstanding finance which is in the process of getting sorted, so just waiting for the call to pick it up. Excited is an understatement.

Ex Trophy owner so hoping i've made the right choice.

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome dude. Looking forward to seeing pics of the car. Check out my red baron thread to see mine! (Shameless promotion I know! ) :thumbup:

I would settle the finance myself If i were you-

straight with the finance company-

The 197 is as capable as the trophy & you wont be unbolting the suspension @ 50k for a refurb...

Steve

Thanks everyone!!

Ive already spoken to hpi and the finance company, and they seem confident its pretty safe providing I pay the settlement myself and give the seller the balance, and the seller is more than happy to do that.
Just waiting for the settlement figure and permission on his account so I can confirm it with them. Then it should all be good to go!

Nice car. I owned a R27 for just under three years and it never missed a beat and it was amazing hammering it around Cadwell Park, Bedford Autodrome and on a couple of airstrip days in Devon.

There was a thread on CS regarding finance last night-

here would be my best practise reply ( copy + pasted)

Steps to do- Ive highlighed 2 key ones to ensure a safe buy & to ensure finance is cleared

Laise with owner get name of finance company
***HPI check car- finance company name will be on HPI check--- 2 should match obviously***
Get settlement figure from them
Let your bank know your paying a high amount of money off by card-
Go to sellers home, complete the sale & settle the finance- drive the car away there & then-

Finally KEEP FINANCE COMPANY phone number- finance should be cleared on their system + HPI by MAX 7 days-
your HPI can be updated anytime up to 30 days POST buying the check-
***update your check adding 10 miles after 7 days- your car should now be HPI clear- if not ring finance company with a hurry up -
repeat 7 days later if it wasnt clear-***

With the above ^^ the only thing that can go wrong is finance compnay forget to clear finance on HPI-- judt raise a case with HPI- they will get it done-
I purchased a car that had finance on HPI from the PREVIOUS owner to the current one- had to get that cleared- as long as the finance house have 'no interest' you are fine in that situation-

Thanks for that, finance company require a bank transfer, which they say if done in the morning, will be verified by lunch time.

So what i intend to do, is go to the bank with the seller and the car. Pay finance off, and sit with the seller until they confirm payment, so we know (and he knows its clear) and then drive the car away.

Hes already told me the finance companies details and they do match the hpi check, so its step one clear.

Welcome to the site mate! No matter what you get I am certain you will be happy with it!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4