Nimbus Grey 200 [emoji7]

Found guides [emoji1360] I'll get on ordering bulbs this week, any suggestions?

Personally I went with these (not sure if projector headlights require different bulbs though?);
Dipped Beams - OSRAM Nightbreaker H7 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231778568031?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Side Lights - OSRAM Cool Blue (don't be put off by the "blue" they're definitely more white than blue) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121355337432?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Personally I went with these (not sure if projector headlights require different bulbs though?);
Dipped Beams - OSRAM Nightbreaker H7 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231778568031?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Side Lights - OSRAM Cool Blue (don't be put off by the "blue" they're definitely more white than blue) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121355337432?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks pal, I'll look in to it later [emoji1360]

That's the next purchase decided then! That's provided I still have a car when I get home. A Skoda pulled up outside my house last night looking a bit dodgy, and then watched a guy load a trolley jack into the boot that was right next to my car! Maybe they'll just take the wheels and leave the chassis...
Glad you found a good one quick enough - was the guy selling it really meticulous about its upkeep? I seem to remember this from PH a little while back (I clearly did A LOT of searching!), or it might have been another as I recall the number plate.

That's the next purchase decided then! That's provided I still have a car when I get home. A Skoda pulled up outside my house last night looking a bit dodgy, and then watched a guy load a trolley jack into the boot that was right next to my car! Maybe they'll just take the wheels and leave the chassis...
Glad you found a good one quick enough - was the guy selling it really meticulous about its upkeep? I seem to remember this from PH a little while back (I clearly did A LOT of searching!), or it might have been another as I recall the number plate.

Wasn't massive on the upkeep tbh, I've got a few bits to sort myself, thought it sounded a bit grunty on the way home, checked air filter when I got it back, and the box was empty [emoji23] so I've got a Ktec panel filter on order, should be home actually, but if you can remember where that article/advert was, it'd be good to see it in case it is this one, as not a lot of service information made it my way [emoji30]

So this week was an expensive one [emoji30]
Dropped the car off at Ren7oaks on Thursday, picked up Friday, but everything's done, full service and cambelt and a good check over, got a little list of to dos now, but all is good.

Treated the girl today to a wash, clay and polish, wax is coming tomorrow, I ran out of heat in my area and the Mrs wanted her ep3 cleaned as well, so will be finished tomorrow [emoji1360]

1fe123d61db000040b17ad3b24fbe93e.jpg
485da735bbd47e44cb37232f68d89455.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a proper service is a must..hope she is allright..any advisories?

Had to be done, was booked in the day I picked it up pretty much.

Top engine mount has a bit of play so that'll get Polybushed, needs rear tyres which I knew about, but apart from that, guy said he rarely sees them in such good condition [emoji1360]

So not a lot been going on, just a small update really to keep things moving along.

Booked in for a remap with Engine Dynamics for the 5th July, so gave me a while to get some bits done. Found a scorpion resonated cat back on here for sale, purchased a decat to go with it, and after a lot of though, decided to keep the middle box in it, very happy I did tbh, as original plan was to get a non resonated one or cut out the mid box, but sounds awesome as it is I think.

Also needed rear tyres urgently, so a couple of Uniroyal Rainsport 3s were put on. Ran these on my past 3 cars including my partners EP3, can't rate them highly enough really, especially for £54 a corner [emoji23]

So yeah, that's where we are now. Got a few tidying up bits to see to, but she's ready for mapping, unless you guys can throw any cheap/free mods that'll help [emoji1360]

4f695069278c51da33af775c4949c937.jpg
108e8ce8b7f5fba616a0809b2a7b8130.jpg

So currently out in Gran Canaria on a holiday, how I wish this car was out here with me! Roads in the mountains are brilliant, and a 1.4 standard polo doesn't quite cut it. Surprised about how many 197s and 1*2s you see out here as well though, way more than I've ever seen back in Kent [emoji23]

Counting down the days till mapping, Tuesday next week it'll be on the rollers at engine dynamics and hopefully it all runs smoothly!

6ceaf56098e78d58c7743065e36e9eeb.jpg

Nice to have someone else from Kent! :smile: I'm only just down the road in Dover.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Nice to have someone else from Kent! :smile: I'm only just down the road in Dover.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

There's quite a few of us popping up I've noticed, need to get a little meet up going or something.

enjoy..know how you feel..thats why im taking my car with me this year 8)

It's a brilliant place, and if I could have got the Clio here easily then I'd have been all over it. But not the easiest place to get a car shipped to for a week haha the polo will have to do

So today was the big day, mapping day!

All I can say, MEGA CHUFFED. If you want your Renault mapped, go and see Andy at Engine Dynamics, cannot rate him highly enough. Brilliant place and very clever man.

Anyway, on it went at 9am, could hear a few runs, then lots of silence, was very on edge, a few hours later Andy appeared and said he was VERY impressed. Out the box, with just a decat, cat back and panel filter, it made 196bhp, after the map it made 203.3bhp, a gain of about 30lbft of torque in the flat spot as well. So that's brilliant. Mega smiles all round!

f6bdde6e66a968697466471877cec828.jpg

8d83d616f3ed97867afa33a1fff7297b.jpg

abb83957b056cdabc96302458f40b5aa.jpg

Last edited:
Well a couple of days in now with a remapped 200, and pretty much, if you've got a 197/200, go and get it mapped.
It's made driving the car so much more enjoyable to drive, easier to drive as well. Cold start is a million times better, pulling away is nicer, and it definitely pulls a lot better, even though there's not a massive gain, you can feel it. And with the higher rev limit it just goes and goes and wants more!
Another note about Engine Dynamics while I'm here, I got home a realised that my front tow eye cover had gone walk abouts, turns out they tie the car down when it's on the dyno using the tow eye, he'd answered the phone and left it by his laptop, a quick message and this was sorted, sent out recorded signed for with a few stickers, such good customer service from them.
Go get your 200 mapped!

can only agree..a remap is essential if you have had your exhaust replaced etc...