No centre silencer causing problems?

Hi guys had my centre box removed 3 months ago,I had a small flat spot but it seems to be getting worse. It's very bad first thing before its has warmed up.... It's doing my head in! I also have noticed oil on the exhaust trims?

thats not oil!

its just a bit of "soot" from the cold running rich mixture...

if it was chucking oil out it would be blue smoking all the time...

Thank god :smile: any way of improving the flat spot? It's getting worse!

hard to say really - could an underlying problem showing up or just the ecu adapting the fuelling over time...

might be worth having it on a r/r and an emissions test so see what its actually running like

have changed anything like where or what fuel you have put in it?

Mine does this, just a characteristic of the car, particularily when it's cold. When it's cold if you drive smoothly it doesn't cause to many problems, but if you're more aggresive with the throttle it will kangaroo badly. Once warmed you hardly notice the flat spot. I have a K-Tec cat back and ITG panel filter fitted.

Cheers ............

Simon.

Stick a 64mm throttle body on, it's turned my car alive even more, feels turboedddddd,
I am very impressed with it ,

I've no cat or silencer on mine. Only been a couple of weeks but the flat spot is much more noticeable. Doesn't happen if you floor it in first and keep the revs above 3k. It's going back to the same place that did the pipe work for a Live remap which should cure it.

Does the 64mm body really make a difference? Is that just a bolt on job? Also will 197 throttle body fit a 200? Sorry for all the stupid questions!! :/

I felt the 64mm throttle body did make a slight difference, def seemed to pull harder. But as with these engines its the sum of all parts, it went perfect with the decated de silenced Milltek and V6 airbox.

The throttle bodies on the 197/200 are the same so you'll have no issues with fitment

I thought the 64mm did make a slight difference its more the feel on the throttle, there not more power its just easier to get a hold of. Revs freer than previously and as said put with other mods works wonders. Iv got mine with the ktr induction and sprintbooster and works wonders :thumbup:

Does it happen below 3k revs? I just removed mine about 3 weeks ago and notice the flat spot but when your driving fast your miles away from the flatspot

I do a lot of slow journeys during the week so half the time I'm forced to potter about at around 2-3k revs.

I can't afford a remap just yet so would u suggest waiting and doing it all at once?

Plus before the remap I'd need to do the Cambelt

Ahhh!!

Tamz

Yeah mines the same, I removed the centre silencer and when it's cold at around 2500rpm it's dead but if your steady with the right boot until its warmed up its no where near ad bad, I only notice it if I take mum anywhere as I have to drive sensible ha

Yeah mines the same, I removed the centre silencer and when it's cold at around 2500rpm it's dead but if your steady with the right boot until its warmed up its no where near ad bad, I only notice it if I take mum anywhere as I have to drive sensible ha

Would you say the flatspot is as normal as the standard silencer when it's warned up?

So many questions as I'm going in on Thursday

Mine was a little worse but u get used to it after a while. No major difference. As said by ryan, just need to control the lead boot until its warmed up then its not bad.