No no no

Roy

clio197.net legend
:@:@Been on crutches now for 4wks so not been
able to wash the car.so the wife decides to do it today
without telling me:@ .so when i go outside to see what
she is doing to my HORROR she is trying to pull the window wipers
up. scratchin the bonnet.only a tiny bit but i know its there.when i asked here where the wash mitts r she said useing a SPONGE and only one buckett with water that was dirtyer than the bloody car.
i know she is only trying to help bless her:smile:

my bonnet is already scuffed at the edges as petrol attendants here clean the windshields when you refuel

I'm afraid the rust will settle in, what should I do?

Last edited:
This is the reason only a selected few get too touch my car, and one of them does happen to be a woman lol.

haha mee :smile:

Aww she was trying but next time you wash the car show her how to do it and how long it should take she will get board and not try again :thumbup1:

i got a parking ticket and my wiper was lifted in order to place the ticket on the windscreen and the lip on the bonnet was scuffed from it :worried:

Awww shes only trying to help. I won't let me boyfriend wash my car or his lol

Marry me?? :001_tt1:

My GF is now nearly as anal as I am about how to clean the car lol. Although I was round at her parents the other day, and her Dad watched all the effort I put into cleaning my car, then happily just picked up my sponge (for the wheels) and washed all his meg 225! :'(

:@:@Been on crutches now for 4wks so not been
able to wash the car.so the wife decides to do it today
without telling me:@ .so when i go outside to see what
she is doing to my HORROR she is trying to pull the window wipers
up. scratchin the bonnet.only a tiny bit but i know its there.when i asked here where the wash mitts r she said useing a SPONGE and only one buckett with water that was dirtyer than the bloody car.
i know she is only trying to help bless her:smile:

A friend of mines wife cleared the snow off the drive with a shovel and then decided to clear the snow off the roof of the car with the same shovel scratched it a bit

My wife knows better than to go anywhere NEAR the car with anything that holds water. Electric shock and a hot cattle prod will be used if a sponge goes NEAR the 197!

Only just seen this thread! Sty, thats not good but its not as bad as a shovel on the roof!

Oh god Mike pretty extreme methods there, every one else just asks nicely.... lol :wink:

Arun its an aluminium bonnet iirc so rust wont be a problem! Same was the case on my car but not something I noticed until it was pointed out to me!