No Power

jamesgw200

Tory of the Month
today i went to work and she drove like she normally does, not missing a beat.
when i started it up to go home it seemed fine, reversed out and turned around at a end the road, thats when the engine jumped about on idle and conked out.
this happened about 3 times when i tried to restart it. the 4th time i reved the engine and got it to idle smoothly, thought nothing of it as i know they are an arse when cold.
Driving home i thought id put my foot down and make sure everything is sound but it wasnt, lack of any power at all, but sounded like i was going 130mph. massive induction noise on full throttle (itg pannel) and exhaust noise.
is this something simple as the spark plug not sparking correctly? No warning lights or anything, it revs fine stationary, sounds little rattly but i cant tell really. just weird how shes not running like **** if its a cause of a misfire.
any ideas? or people who have had similar issues...

james.

Mine currently has a lack of power coupled with loads of induction noise and no error codes. Diagnostics shows a cam position sensor malfunction and a knock sensor reading - it's going to Renault tomorrow to get sorted so I'll let you know how it goes.

Fairly serious errors, particularly as they induced a limp mode and we not able to be cleared...

Cam sensor may cause lack of power, re-start engine in my case sorted the problem every time. There was fault code about cam sensor, i replaced it my self it was something like 30£

Reactions: Jay_197RS