nocking noise

The sound is coming from the front near side wheel. It sounds like something knocking or banging like as if the the top mount is gone.

I have had my car checked over and you can still hear the noise but there is nowt wrong with the car bushes wise. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I was told there was only slight play in the hub. But not enough to worry about. So were out of ideas as to what it could be. My front tyre is low but not bald, So I was told it was nothing to do with that.

So idea's would be very great full.

Anti roll bar drop link? Was knocking on my wife's C3 and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. But it stopped the noise when we changed it.

Ok I will have my mate take another look at it. It is only done 40k as well and not modded in any way. are they dear then if they are the top mounts?

Ok I will have my mate take another look at it. It is only done 40k as well and not modded in any way. are they dear then if they are the top mounts?

Mine went at about 30-40k, not expensive at all, i'd just do them as you probably wont know how bad they are till you remove them & compare them to new ones.

I got a quote for one and is £40 sound about right for one? and if not can you get them cheaper?

I was speaking to a couple of places and they say there a common problem. It is doing my head in though I have to turn my radio up to not hear it lol.