Noise and stall

Out last night doing a bit of enthusiastic driving.On some tight bends somthing metal sounding rolls(clanks) across the car,sounds like it might be coming from under seats ,goes all the way from right to left or vise versa.
Checked under car and front seats but no full width cross member, checked under dash and rear seats !!Any ideas?
Then this morning driving to work after about 1.5 miles slowing for trafic lights it stalled .Restarted and it stalled 3 more times before I could pull away.
It then stalled at the next roundabout entering the M25 slip road after this it was ok for the rest of the journey into East London.Also noticed bulking in to 2nd and 3rd gears last night.

I have never heard of anything like that, to be stalling so much would be engine management or a fuelling problem I would imagine, no idea what could cause it though! Did it stall when you tried to set off or was it while you were still stationary?

For the clunking noise have you checked under the bonnet as it sounds like something loose. Or do you mean it sounds like there is something rolling about within the chassis?

I dont think it is going to be something you can sort yourself, I would be straight down to the dealers for a diagnostic!

Lol Ben! :001_rolleyes: 4500rpm and dump the clutch, yeah? Just make sure there isn't anything in front of you....

Haha im just sayin that everytime my bird stalls her car she always blames it on a misfire or some other mechanical fault :wink:

Stalled from start on the way home,then every time I took my foot of the loud pedal.
Also bad hesitation pulling away,like you say can be overcome with lots of revs,been to the dealers booked in for Tuesday.
The noise sounds like its in a chassis cross member?

strange fault :confused1::confused1:

if it gets sorted let us know what it is for future reference

Just had a call from the dealers,the Dephaser pulley needs replacing,so it will get a new cambelt and tensioner as well.
The car is under w'tee till Dec 2010 and I will buy the Renault add on W'tee.

Last edited: