Not a nice noise !!!!

Has any other 200 driver had a loudish noise happen when you close your tailgate? There is nothing in the boot and nothing in the cab to rattle around. The noise sounds like when your handbrake aint quite on right.... but there is nothing wrong with the handbrake and it makes the sound if the handbrake is on or not.
Ive not gone over any potholes or even mounted a kerb since I picked this car up...so its nowt Ive done to it. Anyone else had owt like this just start happening?

Nah. its none of those issues. Basically, the noise is not there when im driving. The noise is when I close the boot door when the car is obviously stationary. Its like the the diffuser is rattling.... ive gone back out to have another look. Its as if the diffusers is rattling and then knocks summat else which makes a small rattle noise as well. Crazy thing is, its silent when driving. Just bugging me a bit when I close the boot. As its been ok till today. Think a trip to the dealer in the morning is in order.

As for that exhaust pop. I had that noise on my first 200 and it drove me mad at first. But got used to it. This new one does not do it at all.

I think the noise is the heatshield rattling against the exhaust mate.

Is it before/after a drive you notice it?

Yep, its before and after I drive Daz. But i checked it after it had been at still for around an hour and a half and its still doing it. Its not a major problem as it silent when driving... just bugs when im used to a nice positive clunk when shutting the boot. Not a rattle like noise. Damn Renaults !!!!

There will be some flaps in the rear quarters that let the increased pressure out from closing a door, could also be the noise of these flapping open

Excellent news Mark :smile:

Is it loose then?

Yep its loose. However ive now found out my car rides at the same height as a non cup car !! I had my misgivings about the ride when I first got the car. But after checking against an identical 200 cup, my car is around 7mm higher ! And is sitting as high as a non cup. Am gonna get it checked out, as the ride is softer than my first 200 cup too. Which would be consistent with being the wrong set up. Hope I don't sound mad or paranoid, but this car is defo higher:worried: