Not setting the alarm... how?

Had a situation last night: locked the car with my dog in it but he kept setting the alarm off. I couldn't find a way to lock the car (obviously dont want him or the car stolen) but not set the alarm at the same time.
How is it done?

before locking the car press the stop/start button 5 times - this disables the ultrasonics

How big is the dog? I wouldn't fancy nicking a car with a dog in it TBH :smiley:. Also wouldn't fancy having my dog in the car at all with the weather at the moment.

I was off the opinion that one press off the lock button just locked the doors while two presses dead locked the doors and set the alarm. Never tested that though.

before locking the car press the stop/start button 5 times - this disables the ultrasonics

OK thank you I will try that. Will the alarm work on subsequent locks or will I have to repeat the process to get it to work again?

How big is the dog? I wouldn't fancy nicking a car with a dog in it TBH :smiley:. Also wouldn't fancy having my dog in the car at all with the weather at the moment.

He's only a springer so pretty harmless. If it was the Rottweiler I wouldn't have worried about locking it at all. Also it was pretty late at night, I wouldn't have left him in a hot car!

alarm should reset...

you should have an alarm book with the other manuals - its all in there