Now the 3k rattle for me!!

Recently whilst taking the car up the revs with the radio off,as soon as I hit 3k on the revs this nippy rattle appears from which sounds like behind dash or the very back of engine bay but it's a metal on metal rattle n sounds quite loose which is worrying,anyone have any ideas as what it could be? Would be appreciated! Cheers

Have a look at the top stabliser mount in the engine bay, where the bolt goes through the side through the rubber theres a metal cover around it, mine was loose causing a rattle.

Check the heat shield by the exhaust manifold, mine was rattling at 3-4k. If you look down the back of the engine you can probably see it and might be able to reach enough to bend it out the way.

The whole mount was changed under warranty, but renault temp fixed the old one while waiting for new part/fitting. The covers got a lip which holds it in place, i recon a flat screwdriver and hammer to try and bend lip in abit more to secure it.

i had this with the mid silencer on my akrapovic exhaust. was a loose baffle

new section replaced under warranty

maybe worth checking your exhaust

Cheers for the replys lads,I've tried bending back the heat shield out the road and played around with the rubber house on the mount,maybe worth looking in to the mid silencer as I have a decat on,I really don't know where to start looking now!! Lol.

Just too give you another place to check, it might be worth checking that the air con pipes are not vibrating against the bulk head.