oil leak??

Fixed mine a few weeks ago with Foxspeed's instructions, took about 5 minutes and so far it has worked a treat! Good fix, thanks a lot matey!

One thing I did notice though was a little bit of water on top of there too. When I took the bolt out (quite a long bolt, Im guessing it doubles as a cam retainer?) there was a little bit of mayo round the top of it. Anyway cleaned it up, threw some sealer on the head and put it back in, then scratched my head to figure out how water would get up there? 2 days later after checking the bolt I noticed the washer jet is right above there and leaks a bit in heavy rain! Another good reason to fix the leak I suppose!

Had similar problem,(just like your pics).
Removed the 2 L/H cover bolts and fitted a small rubber "tap" washer.(available from DIY/Hardware shop at 25pence) on each bolt.
So Far O.K.

the bolts arent meant to have washers under them - they retain the cams and the bolts should not have any "movement" as such

Just in case anyone does this. The correct torque is 10Nm. Did another one of mine today.

Hi guys, sorry to drag up such an old post but could someone please put a picture up of where exactly these bolts are as I have an oil leak on the top part of my engine & it needs sorted asap, thanks