One of the younger members

Hello everyone just like to introduce my self I'm 18 and got my 197 about a week ago its a 2007 full fat and is now my pride and joy. look forward of giving and receiving advise(mostly receiving advise).

Attachments

• IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 40
I won't say 'don't crash it' as part of c0cking up is all part of learning also. Just remember to stay within limits so that if anything goes wrong, you've got space to mess up. Keep good tyres on the car, always go for the best, no cheap budget crap.

Regular oil changes and come on the track days and group runs, because that's where most of your fun will come from :smile:

See you around!

Thanks kuzumz totally agree but after a costly purchase and insurance I don't think I can afford to learn haha, I have money set by for tyres and i going to try and squeeze a service from k-tec.

:welcome:
and as said above..just give us a shout if anything...lots of useful threads especially when you are a paid member

Cool man, my car when I was 18 was a ****ron ax 1.0. Enjoy mate the clio is really a great car specially round a string of bends

I was 19 when i got mine, made a change from a 1.4 MG ZR :giggle:, what [MENTION=51445]Kazumz[/MENTION] said about tyre is so true though, when i bought my 197 it had some dodgey tires on it was wheel spinning all the time, so I spent about £300 on tires and it was the best thing i've done to it, kept me on the road in Wales last weekend that's for sure :smiley:

Thanks kuzumz totally agree but after a costly purchase and insurance I don't think I can afford to learn haha, I have money set by for tyres and i going to try and squeeze a service from k-tec.

I was 20 getting my 200 and managing my finance for that year was the hardest thing I had to do because I was forking out 2k on insurance paying monthly and I was only earning 600 a month. I also had to pay 200 a month on finance so I was left with 200 quid for fuel theoretically lmao! Great stuff though, don't regret it at all.]

You think you'll not mess about in it, but it's only a matter of time before you get addicted. Just remember, when you do, safety first. Always remember that it's not you that you've got to worry about so much, it's other people.

People can give you advice, but the only way you're going to learn is gradually. Just remember though, which is my advice to be honest, everything should be gradual. Like you're learning to drive a car again, but in a different way!

Last edited:
Welcome mate. I was 18 when i first got my 197 aswell, only advice i can give you is leave the thing alone and just enjoy it!