Oreca Race System v Akrapovic Evolution (Decat)

Oreca or Akrapovic?

• Total voters
I need to decide on a system to purchase and I need experienced advice from you guys.

I understand Akrapovic are classed as 'the best', but are they? What factual evidence can you give me that you would feel the extra £1k you've spend on an exhaust system in a Clio 200? Most people in this case would consider the sound.

Here are two videos:

Oreca - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGHP9HOP44 (You cannot tell me this doesn't sound the bees knees?)
Akrapovic Evo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml7IaAUax-A

Opinions?

Hello mate been thinking about putting up a similar thread for a while. I completely agree with you here and cannot understand how the akrapovic system can cost soo much more than most other exhausts on the market!

I've been really toying with the idea of the oreca system for a while now and will probably buy one when I've got some spare cash, not sure on the performance improvements of the system (I'm sure with a remap I'll see some sort of improvement) but the main reason I want one is the weight saving! And of course the noise is immense!!!!!

And for around half the price if the akrapovic I can't believe the akrapovic is twice as good!

Hello mate been thinking about putting up a similar thread for a while. I completely agree with you here and cannot understand how the akrapovic system can cost soo much more than most other exhausts on the market!

I've been really toying with the idea of the oreca system for a while now and will probably buy one when I've got some spare cash, not sure on the performance improvements of the system (I'm sure with a remap I'll see some sort of improvement) but the main reason I want one is the weight saving! And of course the noise is immense!!!!!

And for around half the price if the akrapovic I can't believe the akrapovic is twice as good!

The only issue I have with it is that it is a single exit pipe. Doesn't this cause restriction?

I imagine it does cause restriction in comparison to the akrapovic but to be honest I can't see it being a ridiculous amount. Maybe someone else with a bit more technical knowledge can advise!

Have you found anything relating to performance gains by using the oreca system?
Think I read that the akrapovic system might add another 2hp

I imagine it does cause restriction in comparison to the akrapovic but to be honest I can't see it being a ridiculous amount. Maybe someone else with a bit more technical knowledge can advise!

Have you found anything relating to performance gains by using the oreca system?
Think I read that the akrapovic system might add another 2hp

But when would you ever feel 2hp on the road?

Both great exhausts and both do the same job very well.

The Oreca system is born out of a race car so its all about function.

The Akropovic is born out of perfection and that's what your paying the extra for. The finest detail is taken care of, from the precision welding right up to the autoclaved carbon tips.

Think of it like a watch. A H Samuel special for £30 or a £3000 Tag, both tell exactly the same time :smile:

A single exit system is not restrictive, in fact the twin pipe design is worse and excess weight. Oreca is a race system and will be higher performance than the Akra.

The Akra has great build and a nice sound hence the price, it's a great fit and forget option but it won't be the optimum if out right power is the goal and you are happy to remap. The Supersprint with y-pipe will also be better Never is a pre-cat going to be good, it's only up by the manifold for heat/emission reasons. Ditch the pre-cat and retain a race cat in the system is the best option for power.

The reason the Akra is so expensive like angel said the craftsmanship in them is something to behold and the tig welds are miles neater and better than any other exhaust. Quality comes at a cost.

A single exit system is not restrictive, in fact the twin pipe design is worse and excess weight. Oreca is a race system and will be higher performance than the Akra.

The Akra has great build and a nice sound hence the price, it's a great fit and forget option but it won't be the optimum if out right power is the goal and you are happy to remap. The Supersprint with y-pipe will also be better Never is a pre-cat going to be good, it's only up by the manifold for heat/emission reasons. Ditch the pre-cat and retain a race cat in the system is the best option for power.

So what you're saying is a Pre-Cat is a good thing due to heat and to put a race cat there instead. Also, how do you say that Supersprint is better?

So what you're saying is a Pre-Cat is a good thing due to heat and to put a race cat there instead. Also, how do you say that Supersprint is better?

No, he's saying cut the pre-cat out with the supersprint Y pipe and get a sports cat so that it still passes mot but doesn't restrict the flow as much, hence more performance.

Been thinking about this too for a while. I already have the akra on the 197. It's more or less a track car now that I use on the road. The akra does sound good but the oreca sounds better. It will be a little bit lighter too.
Think I'll give the oreca system a go and see how I get on with it.
Anyone fancy an akra?

Been thinking about this too for a while. I already have the akra on the 197. It's more or less a track car now that I use on the road. The akra does sound good but the oreca sounds better. It will be a little bit lighter too.
Think I'll give the oreca system a go and see how I get on with it.
Anyone fancy an akra?

I have heard the oreca breaks the noise limitations on most tracks. I would go for an oreca but that's the only thing putting me off buying one. :worried:

Tbh unless you are Lewis Hamilton you'll never exploit the difference in performance or weight of these 2 systems.

I have heard the oreca breaks the noise limitations on most tracks. I would go for an oreca but that's the only thing putting me off buying one. :worried:

it is loud right enough, I'll need to ask the question about noise I think.

You are comparing two different systems really. One is a race exhaust and extra loud and the other is a fast road exhaust with a deep - more beefy than OEM - sound, not loud enough for some. The Oreca - being single pipe'd - is not restrictive at all, in fact our cars should have come with single pipe exhaust anyway.

What hasn't been mentioned is that Akra is not boomy at all and most importantly for me is the only exhaust that doesn't drone and doesn't break balls when on motorway cruising (That was why I got it in the first place). If that is not of an interest to you and you want something loud then go for the Oreca. Akra's craftsmanship is second to none but tbh you never look at your exhaust anyway, only when the car is on the ramp:wink:

...you never look at your exhaust anyway, only when the car is on the ramp:wink:.... love this, made me laugh. Nice1 Yiannis