Oulton Park RS Track Day 23/08/12

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
Will add more videos as they're ready, great day and the weather was pretty good for the most part.

Only issue was I had to keep backing off around the Shell hairpin as I was compressing the suspension so much the tyre fouled the arch slightly.

[YOUTUBE]CRJ4SUeKd-o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]38i-BmBivPQ[/YOUTUBE]

Some pictures here: http://www.perfect-photographer.co.uk/Oulton-Park/ courtasy of Andrew @ perfect-photographer.co.uk

Was a bit annoyed to find I don't fit in either an R26.r or a V6 and couldnt get comfortable in a 265 :worried: , was nice to stand and have a chat with Jeremy from RUK a couple of times although failed to blag a joy ride in their touring car spec laguna.

[YOUTUBE]l6duHKTHPHY[/YOUTUBE]

And photos to finish it all off:

http://www.zzzone.co.uk/slideshow/renault-oulton-2012/

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty quiet day!!! Bit gutted I couldn't do it in the end, but there's always next year.

And anyway, it'd have p!ssed down if I'd have gone on, it always rains for me!!! :smiley:

Cracking vid one of the best I've seen and have to agree you look like you been doing it for years:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Never seen a track video recorded from that angle before! Looks awesome! Makes a change from the norm.

Great video!

good clear vid is the camera mounted on your helmet?

Yes just on the chin, thanks for the comments chaps I've got quite a bit more footage I'll try get a longer clip of it mounted to the helmet uploaded. The car really comes into its elements on a track, I still enjoy it after 2+ years.

It flashes? Mine just comes up with an orange triangle on the rev counter?

It's only flashing because the dash lights must be fed like a fluorescent light and mix that with the videos frame rate makes it appear to flash on the video, viewed from my eyes it's the same as you describe :smile:

well driven!

It was a top day and even the weather didnt put people off.

I took a few vids myself and will get them up ASAP

It's only flashing because the dash lights must be fed like a fluorescent light and mix that with the videos frame rate makes it appear to flash on the video, viewed from my eyes it's the same as you describe :smile:

the warning lights and dash illumination is pulsed on/off...