Part identification

Steve.humberstone

Paid Member
I’m currently removing all disconnected wires from my car, I’ve found this thing in the rear right pillar and I’ve not a clue what it is, anyone know?
IMG_3916.jpeg

As above ^

Any chance you could post some pictures of the job you are doing? I am doing the same thing and trying to get all the rear airbag wires out at the moment,but it looks like you cant just follow the plug from the airbag module and remove the loom as one but you need to cut each individual wire,which i dont really want to do.

In the end I would only need to keep fuel pump,rear lights assemblies,fuel cap and rear window demister wires.

Reactions: Foxspeed
As above ^

Any chance you could post some pictures of the job you are doing? I am doing the same thing and trying to get all the rear airbag wires out at the moment,but it looks like you cant just follow the plug from the airbag module and remove the loom as one but you need to cut each individual wire,which i dont really want to do.

In the end I would only need to keep fuel pump,rear lights assemblies,fuel cap and rear window demister wires.
Exact same situation except my rear window will be replaced with polycarbonate so I’ve taken that wiring out too.

I’ve got all the wires free from tape and clips, LHS has been sorted - I couldn’t ping the crimped connectors out of the connector block which was annoying, I had to cut each one and tape off

IMG_3913.jpeg

The airbag module is being coded out so all wires going to that can go, though I have had to solder some wires where the power was shared from one thing to the next.

I’ll let you know when I’ve made some more progress (I absolutely underestimated how long this job would take!)

Reactions: VeiRoNv2
oh thats not good,i wasn't expecting the airbag loom to share feed with other wires,need to be a bit more careful then,mine is been coded out too so now have the big airbag plug loose with a thousand wires attached to it.
Yeah i just started too,I just want to make it a bit tidier and simpler.

PXL-20240307-151732647.jpg