Petrol light

Hi guys picked my Clio 200 up today and I'm just wondering when the actually petrol light will come on? It's saying 33 miles left .. Just wondering that's all. Does it mean 33miles left till light comes on or?

Hi guys picked my Clio 200 up today and I'm just wondering when the actually petrol light will come on? It's saying 33 miles left .. Just wondering that's all. Does it mean 33miles left till light comes on or?

Top it up anytime now, I think the light should usually come on with about 30 miles left in the tank. Your better being safe than sorry sitting at the side of the road waiting for a mate to come out with a jerry can.

Last edited:
Drive another 3 miles :smile: It beeps (stupidly loudly) and the light comes on when the trip computer says 30 to go.

Once the light is on, the trip computer will no longer tell you how many miles until empty.

Yeah mine comes on around 28-30 miles left, however I very rarely let it get that far down.. Ran out many of times in my old car and promised myself i'd never do it in this one :smile:

Yeah it goes off at 30, but believe me you want it to be broken coz the beep is so loud is scares the crap out of you.

It's at 26miles now and still no beep and no petrol light haha I know the light works though as when I test drove the car the light was on at the time.

Does the light not come on when you have a Gallon of petrol left in the tank? so it all depends on your miles to the gallon

I really dno mate I picked the car up last night so not had the car long il have a look when I get home from work and see what it says :smile: it must work though cos like I said it was on when I test drove it a couple of days ago

Mine didn't seem to come on till lower down last week, don't worry it will come on.. However I can't imagine running it down is doing any good for the car.

Mine usually came on at 38 miles left in the tank. Then went to - - mpg which was highly annoying.

I think it's about 6l when the light triggers. So depending on your average MPG the miles remaining will change.

Check the current average MPG figure, if it's really low (low 20's) that would explain it.

He car was on 18.5 this morning so I'm guessing that might be why :smile: it is going up slowly tho as I picked the car up at 12mpg

Know what, I've never let it get that low since owning mine so never seen or heard it. Well it's either that or it's broken ha

Hi mate. The light won't come on because the distance showing is what u have left before light kicks in. I only no this cos I'm on way to petrol station right now after creeping around all week waiting for pay day 2day! So been checking miles all week. Got to 21 miles and nearly **** myself this morning when beep went off

Must be smashing it about if it's saying 26 miles left and you've not hit your petrol light lmfao! 20-23mpg?