Play with a seat bocanegra

a friend of mine has a red one, tsi engine so turbo and supercharged, 180 bhp and it makes that figure where as we all know the 200 doesnt even make 190bhp and his revs to 8k! followed him onto the motorway in the early hours of this morning, i had a passenger and his car was empty.

both put our foot down in 3rd at about 60mph was dead even, just sat next to eachother, as soon as i hit triple figures he pulled 2 car lenghts instantly (his turbo kicked in) then he stays at 2 car lengths then i started to catch him back at around 120millimetres an hour then it was dead even again.

very nice car but has the edge when the turbo kicks in but the 200 slowly catches it.

the interior is lovely though and the noise it makes is quiet cool. very impressive for a 1.4 engine, great bit of engineering. he said it handles badly though so assume the 'twisties' is where the 200 woiuld really have the edge.

lynden

its the VW TSI engine, get ures mapped mate ull hav ethe edge then cus u get power through ure rev range not just top end.

I once drove a Golf GT with the same engine and it was one of the worst things ever, regardless of its preformance, it was a horrible, buzzy, nasty affair?

Very nice car though, would have been much better with the R32 lump and 4WD.

Last edited:
still only the 1400 induction capacity though. has to change up quicker as hell be hitting the redline 600 cc quicker than the RS. only car i would swap my RS for is the Golf R

I know it's a cliche but how did the 2 compare when not going in a straight line? I like the idea of the Ibiza but it looks a little too similar to the other models i.e I like to pose a bit lol plus not sure the chassis is up to the job (or the flappy paddle box?)

I know it's a cliche but how did the 2 compare when not going in a straight line? I like the idea of the Ibiza but it looks a little too similar to the other models i.e I like to pose a bit lol plus not sure the chassis is up to the job (or the flappy paddle box?)

Had a long test drive in one.
In real life everyday situations the Ibiza is faster than the Clio. No doubt.
But when it comes to the track or a mountain pass the clio just leaves the cupra for death.

The Cupra chassis suffers a lot from understeer and torque steer. Especially on wet and damp roads. It certainly leaves room for a cupra R with a less compromised chassis and maybe a real LSD instead of this electronic XDS ****.

a friend of mine has a red one, tsi engine so turbo and supercharged, 180 bhp and it makes that figure where as we all know the 200 doesnt even make 190bhp and his revs to 8k! followed him onto the motorway in the early hours of this morning, i had a passenger and his car was empty.

both put our foot down in 3rd at about 60mph was dead even, just sat next to eachother, as soon as i hit triple figures he pulled 2 car lenghts instantly (his turbo kicked in) then he stays at 2 car lengths then i started to catch him back at around 120millimetres an hour then it was dead even again.

very nice car but has the edge when the turbo kicks in but the 200 slowly catches it.

the interior is lovely though and the noise it makes is quiet cool. very impressive for a 1.4 engine, great bit of engineering. he said it handles badly though so assume the 'twisties' is where the 200 woiuld really have the edge.

lynden

Can vouch for this. My friend had a white boca, both with roughly the same mileage, and it was a dead heat. Who ever got the cleanest start on a drag would come through on top with a 'bawhair' init. The in-gear speed on the boca has the advantage though, so was already waiting with a few cogs dropped:tongue_smilie:.
He did however say the clio felt alot faster, and even with his seat on springs couldnt realy match it on the handling stakes. Needless to say he sold the boca after 3 months for a 08 s3:zomg: differant ball game lol.

Can vouch for this. My friend had a white boca, both with roughly the same mileage, and it was a dead heat. Who ever got the cleanest start on a drag would come through on top with a 'bawhair' init. The in-gear speed on the boca has the advantage though, so was already waiting with a few cogs dropped:tongue_smilie:.
He did however say the clio felt alot faster, and even with his seat on springs couldnt realy match it on the handling stakes. Needless to say he sold the boca after 3 months for a 08 s3:zomg: differant ball game lol.

yeh on the twisties i just couldnt see him lol

Needless to say he sold the boca after 3 months for a 08 s3:zomg: differant ball game lol.

You had a play with that s3 yet? we have one and there ****e, everyone goes on about ow fast they are a-b they are very quick cars but standard handling isnt my cup of tea, it grips but theres no confidence like you get in the clio's,

Maybe im just too used to coilvers and big ARB's but i reckon the clio is still quicker through corners S3 is heavy and that massive caliper is still only a single piston,

N/A is best,