Popped out for a wee drive

jont-

Gold Member
Not really sure if this should go in here, or good driving roads, since it's mostly about the driving...

Anyway, popped up to Scotland for a few days recently - it's such a lovely part of the world to drive. Bit of a long day up, but staying with a friend he very kindly insisted in getting all the clag off, before we went out to cover it again :lol:
20151029_120529.jpg

While the rest of the country was festering in fog, it was rather nice up there
20151029_152913_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

If you only drive one road, do the A939 from Ballater to Grantown...
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Even the single track stuff further north is properly epic
DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

20151030_094220_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

And heading back home over Teesdale - you can just see the clag in the distance
20151102_141540_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

Car was faultless throughout (~1900 miles in 5 days) - I was up that way last year in the Z4M I had at the time - not once through the trip did I miss the BMW! something of a testament to how much fun these things are.

Looks like the Blacks in South Wales great pics buddy
Nah, done them on plenty a time too (used to live in Bristol). Thing is, in Wales, you get 5, maybe 10 miles if you're lucky. Up there, it's more like 40-50 miles on a loop :lol:

Some of the roads up here m8 are really great. Nice pics. Google a place called applecross , some of the roads there are amazing.

Nice photos, and those roads look immense!

This month's Evo car of the year was based in Scotland and the route they used looks pretty spectacular! I'd love to have a trip up there one day...

I think Wanda was putting the feelers out for a few days up there next summer.I like the 200 wheels on the 197.

Some cracking roads you were on there. I'm quite lucky in the fact that a quick drive over the Cairn O Mount (which is decent enough in it itself) and i have access to some cracking roads over Ballater/Tomintoul area.