Potholes!

Just went to the local shell garage to fill up and on the forecourt entrance there is a bloody huge pothole right where both wheels would be. It was pitch black so unable to see it!

Really getting pissed off with the state of our roads. This car just amplifies how poor they are in this country

I complained to the joker behind the till and he wasn't bothered. I dont expect him to get busy with the tar and shovel but I'm sure a sign on the entrance isn't too much to make?

I'm getting alignment, track ends and tie rods done tomorrow anyway but the way the roads are there must be loads of people with knackered wheels or susPension etc

Why do we pay our bloody taxes?

Why do we pay our bloody taxes?

Not too sure either mate! :thumbdown:

I am convinced this is the exact same reason why my suspension collapsed on the C2 whilst on the motorway at the weekend!!! It isn't just inconvenient it is completely dangerous IMO!

There's a couple on the way to work by me I have to go a different route at the moment because they are that bad, impossible to avoid, big cringing moment if you go through them!

I'm going for weekend break to the Isle of Wight in a few weeks and there is no way I am taking my 200 over there the place is reknowned for it's knackered roads.

Going to take my Fiat Panda instead.

This happened to a friend of mine other night with a pothole

163890_10150119849102835_555782834_7762947_4417813_n.jpg

162981_10150119849192835_555782834_7762948_5604677_n.jpg

162991_10150119849587835_555782834_7762966_6859488_n.jpg

The pot hole in question

166655_10150119862877835_555782834_7763207_8155433_n.jpg

Council will only pay damages if they are aware of the pothole. The photo shows no spray paint markings around pothole, which normally suggests the council/local authority are aware.

I'd be surprised if your friend gets any compensation. Sucks, I know, but that's what happens.

germans just won't stand for it. just like public transport delays etc etc, when their railway network wasn't running on time due to severe weather, the director was hauled in to court to answer questions. meanwhile, the whole of the uk shuts down as someone whispers snow. the country is a joke in all honesty. we know what's coming, every year, and every year they say "we've ordered plenty of salt for this year..." and every year we run out.

Council will only pay damages if they are aware of the pothole. The photo shows no spray paint markings around pothole, which normally suggests the council/local authority are aware.

I'd be surprised if your friend gets any compensation. Sucks, I know, but that's what happens.

not the case, i hit a pot hole at 50 in a 50 limit road, hillingdon council knew nothing of the pothole, sent a few pics and the damage and got paided out in 6 weeks

This is a big thing for any driving enthusiast, I hate the bloody things. Really gets my back up about how much tax we pay and they can't even be arsed to keep the roads in good condition. I think Coventry is the worst place I go, but I'm always in the van so it doesn't matter! I swerve round potholes, not exactly safe though.

Maybe these holes are a portal to another dimension ? A place where petrol is free and all the roads are smooth..... But winding. And bunnies watch as we blast past in our lovely cars.
Look... I'm a daydreamer ok. I hate potholes too. Death to potholes. Hail tarmac !

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Wheels and Tyres 3