pound for power?

ok, what to gain a few ponies aswel as torque on my 197,

what mods increase power.... without breaking the bank and what are typical gains from each?

pre de-cat?

de-cat?

cat back system?

matched inlets?

sealed cold air feed/ + new quality filter?

remap?

anymore?

imo,

The car is so capable with standard power that the best mod I've done is uprating the brakes. It can stop so much later than before.

If your really after the feeling of a quicker car then weight saving is the least expensive. Rear seats out, light weight front seats and your there without being to hardcore about it. BHP/ton is the best figure to look at instead of peak power.

You gain very little for a lot of money with these engine,I've got matched inlets and the R3/V6 airbox and although peak power comes in earlier and holds flat roughly 800rpm it cost a new slim battery for under the seat, wiring the battery and the airbox set-up.

no point chasing power on the clio leave it as it is , uprate brakes and get some coilovers .

I have experiance in both best mod i did to the clio was the coilovers

super smooth ride and hendeling to bend the mind

I'm also wary of cars fitted boost controllers. Essentially, the turbo is turned right up and thrashed.

I guarantee you that car has been utterly abused, and the engine / turbo will not last any length of time.

You obviously don't know evo's! The only thing that go bang is there gearbox and clutch, The engine is bulletproof,

There arnt any cheap mods that will give you loads of power.

Unless of course you search e bay for "electric super charger"

Alot of ponies to be gained there.