Preventative Maintenance

I read on another thread about a mechanic at Renault greasing someone's caliper pins so they'd be easier to remove in future.

Aside from the belts, what other jobs on the Clio is it easier to do now to save yourself hassle and cost in the future?

Keep your skuttle panel free from leaves and other crap as it blocks the drain tubes and causes the skuttle to flood.
We always clean off the wheel hubs and put a thin layer of copper grease on them to stop the wheels corroding to the hub and being a pain to get off. The renaultsport wheels are common for this. I would advise changing your oil and filter more regularly than the service intervals says, the most common cause of dephaser rattle is poor oil imo

The biggest tip is for people like myself with recaros, learn to dive through the windows so you don't wear down the bolsters lol

Perfect Collier just the type of thing I was after thanks!

Yes there's an art to sitting in them, my friend nearly gave himself a vasectomy when he got in the first time :scared:

Yes there's an art to sitting in them, my friend nearly gave himself a vasectomy when he got in the first time :scared:

Lol. I had some anal trauma the first time I sat in them :w00t:

Think the vast majority of people would recommend cleaning the brakes yearly at the very least to keep them in tip top condition.

Lol. I had some anal trauma the first time I sat in them :w00t:

Think the vast majority of people would recommend cleaning the brakes yearly at the very least to keep them in tip top condition.

Lmao anal trauma!!!

Good shout on cleaning the brakes out bit of copper grease on the sides of the pad (not the friction material) keeps them moving freely as well

Keep your skuttle panel free from leaves and other crap as it blocks the drain tubes and causes the skuttle to flood.
We always clean off the wheel hubs and put a thin layer of copper grease on them to stop the wheels corroding to the hub and being a pain to get off. The renaultsport wheels are common for this. I would advise changing your oil and filter more regularly than the service intervals says, the most common cause of dephaser rattle is poor oil imo

The biggest tip is for people like myself with recaros, learn to dive through the windows so you don't wear down the bolsters lol

recaro section...... IM WITH YOU!

To be fair it's a poor design and should be sorted as it's so common. The ones in the focus rs come with leather bolsters so I don't see why Renault can't do the same

yearly front and rear brakes strip

keep the scuttle panel drain holes free

yearly keycard battery change

change car battery at say 4yrs

Haha! Mine have claimed a few victims but more worryingly the MOT inspector. Thought I was gonna get failed on something he was in so much pain after getting in lol.

Do we have a guide on how to access the scuttle or anything similar? Ive seen it talked about alot but have no idea how i go about accessing it under the wiper blades.