Price of protecting your home

M

Mentalpen

just short of £700 as it happens :blush:hmy:

Had a few cars nicked round here through breaking and entering at night.

SSAIB approved alarm and installer, PRI's & window shockers, door contacts, sms reporting & monitoring, remotes to set/unset it from the bed and new matched yale anti snap locks.

At least i can sleep sound at night now.

:thumbup:

I live opposite a local gangster, security is free on our street, theres never been any trouble, burglaries or car thefts.

We got gypsy family over the road and there better than guard dogs.If you speak to them there great but get there backs up there a nightmare.But crime is at zero on our estate now for some reason.Mind the eldest lad did run over his brother cause he nicked his cigarettes :worried:

So I could have just moved to a street with a gangster gypo and saved my self a few quid :worried:

I don't worry too much about this, I live in a third floor apartment, anyone who wants to break in through the downstairs door, climb all the stairs and then break in through my door in front of 24 (very nosey) neighbours is welcome to my car. In fact I hang up my keys in plain view of the door so they don't trash the rest of the place.

Am currently getting my house upgraded, alarm, cctv, locks. All due to people with light fingers! But at the moment after recent events with the 200, it is no longer at my house and the keys are kept in a safe at a different place to the car. So it will be a major hassle for anymore attempts at the car finding its way to a new owner!

On the downside...... when I want to use it its a hours journey collecting keys and getting to the car. But a few events have made this happen for the time being :worried:

very cute dog ....I got one of them but still didnt stop them breaking in lol

he strated like this

IMG00005-20111201-1757-9.gif

then became this
2012-01-09202211081.jpg

And now hes like this
20120712_123000-8.gif

and still growing lol :thumbsup:

I wont go into how much I paid... But I think you got a bargain at £700!!

TBH I've googled the price of the unit alone + everything else that goes with it and if I were to do it, it would cost me £600+ for all the bits alone. I'm paying around £80 to get it fitted which is bugger all imo

I don't worry too much about this, I live in a third floor apartment, anyone who wants to break in through the downstairs door, climb all the stairs and then break in through my door in front of 24 (very nosey) neighbours is welcome to my car. In fact I hang up my keys in plain view of the door so they don't trash the rest of the place.

LoL yeah I think your safe.

Am currently getting my house upgraded, alarm, cctv, locks. All due to people with light fingers! But at the moment after recent events with the 200, it is no longer at my house and the keys are kept in a safe at a different place to the car. So it will be a major hassle for anymore attempts at the car finding its way to a new owner!

On the downside...... when I want to use it its a hours journey collecting keys and getting to the car. But a few events have made this happen for the time being :worried:

I would seriously get window shocks mate, better to put them off when their trying to get in and stop them there rather than when they have actually gotten in.

Only cost me £65 to protect my home. Went for a high end model too, they call it a Bullmastif x Rotweiller :smile:

SDC10401.jpg

Don't you start all I get is dad can we have a dog.......

TBH is great security till someone drugs it :wink:

And I wouldn't trust it with kids regardless of how its been brought up an how good an owner I would be.

Being a terribly deep sleeper I don't hear the burglar alarm or fire alarm for that matter when they go off.

Many a night I have slept through my younger brother coming home absolutely trollied and setting off the burglar alarm. Wake up the next morning and my parents aren't very happy and he's so hungover he has no recollection of the whole incident. Me on the other hand I'm always as fresh as a daisy with a smile on my face due to getting a good nights sleep ha :smiley:

Never had any trouble with my home were ever I've lived????

Neither have I but living in a small village with very, very little policing and motorways not to far away its easy to see why the village is targeted.

It's about preventing being targeted rather than saying its never happened before.

Out last alarm was fitted when the house was new 20 odd years ago.

If this one lasts that long then it works out about £35 a year to do + the running costs of course.

We can set it do do all sorts, such as let us know when the kids deactivate it so we know they are home and safe.

Similar Thread Suggestions