Prodrive Mini 2011 WRC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12996778

BMW Prodrive Mini

0-60mph - 2.7 seconds
Top speed - 120mph (depending on gear ratios)
Engine - BMW Motorsport 1.6 litre turbo
Power - 300bhp
Drivetrain - 4 wheel drive
Weight - 1,200kg (FIA minimum weight limit)

And the bit I love...

It is possible to buy the modern rallying Mini too. It's road legal, and it's possible to enter the rally in it.

Prodrive, which runs the rally team for BMW, sells the car and an aftercare package - with prices beginning around £400,000.

That's right....£400k, yes it does 0-60 in 2.7s but I could spend £400k on a much nicer car!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12996778

BMW Prodrive Mini

0-60mph - 2.7 seconds
Top speed - 120mph (depending on gear ratios)
Engine - BMW Motorsport 1.6 litre turbo
Power - 300bhp
Drivetrain - 4 wheel drive
Weight - 1,200kg (FIA minimum weight limit)

And the bit I love...

It is possible to buy the modern rallying Mini too. It's road legal, and it's possible to enter the rally in it.

Prodrive, which runs the rally team for BMW, sells the car and an aftercare package - with prices beginning around £400,000.

That's right....£400k, yes it does 0-60 in 2.7s but I could spend £400k on a much nicer car!!

Personally I would spend £100,000 buying a Mini and turning it into a rally car and then £300,000 on exotica! Even then though I would prefer to spend some of the money on making a V6 mkIII Clio :wink:

Personally I would spend £100,000 buying a Mini and turning it into a rally car and then £300,000 on exotica! Even then though I would prefer to spend some of the money on making a V6 mkIII Clio :wink:

MK III V6 Clio! You got the right idea my friend!

Do like the sound of that! I'd rather have a small boat or something similar if I had that much money lying around.

agree with you 100% but you wouldn't get a bunch of prodrive techs and an trailer for 100k. Still wouldn't bother though lol.

That picture is so sexy it actually makes me cry a little! Lol! I have seen it before, but damm it looks good!

That V6 mock up makes me weep! Such a shame they never made it. Don't worry guys when I win the lottery tonight I'll knock one up :wink:

I would seriously consider making one should I win the lotto. Take it to Renault ans just shout at them, saying 'Look. Look! Look what you could have done with this fantastic beast!' Lol!
Does anyone do a turbo for the v6 lumps? 300 bhp would be immense!

I would be after a 370z engine, you can get them turbo'd or supercharged and it would be an ideal motor for it! I would be tempted to go 4WD too....

Well at least the Nissan engine in a Renault would keep nicely under one company, don't Renault own Nissan? I'd imagine that 4wd would be best with such a short chassis and high power. Would be a v6 rally car monster style! Lol!

Yeah I am not sure who owns who, but one owns the other. Would be great, IIRC the 350z was a Renault engine.

Well at least the Nissan engine in a Renault would keep nicely under one company, don't Renault own Nissan? I'd imagine that 4wd would be best with such a short chassis and high power. Would be a v6 rally car monster style! Lol!

IIRC Renault own a controlling share in Nissan. But I could be wrong.

Either way they do share a lot of parts, so a Nissan sourced V6 could be classed as 'kinda' OEM lol

I like the idea of taking it to Renault to prove a point, I'd park mine up outside Dieppe with a sign. Look what you missed!

sure nissan would build you a nice new RB26 engine. ATTESA-ETS 4WD system just make it the best hot hatch ever to grace the earth. :oops: