Projector headlights

cheers luke

my standard lights run H7 bulbs in both dipped and main beam,but you say the dipped beam in the projectors runs a H1 bulb,will the plug still fit? cheers

No, new H1 bulbs required :smile:

Edit: You just need to buy some H1 bulbs, you will need 3 bulbs and an indicator bulb in each headlamp. The plug in the back of the headlamp to your wiring loom will plug in exactly as it did with the original reflector lamps

Last edited:
No, new H1 bulbs required :smile:

Edit: You just need to buy some H1 bulbs, you will need 3 bulbs and an indicator bulb in each headlamp. The plug in the back of the headlamp to your wiring loom will plug in exactly as it did with the original reflector lamps

got ya now,i only need H1 bulbs then because i already have H7 phillips xtreme bulbs as said and i can use my old OEM H7 bulbs to cover the holes for the cornering lights and my old silvertech indicator bulbs,bonus!...cheers for your help guys,i'll get there in the end

got ya now,i only need H1 bulbs then because i already have H7 phillips xtreme bulbs as said and i can use my old OEM H7 bulbs to cover the holes for the cornering lights and my old silvertech indicator bulbs,bonus!...cheers for your help guys,i'll get there in the end

Bingo :thumbsup: We'll get you there eventually! haha

Edit: You will need to remove the old headlight levelling motor out of the old headlamps too

Last edited:

Literally get everything I put in my post mate and its plug and play tbh.

Your main beam can be used for projector main beam.

Your dipped beam can be used for cornering light.

Your sidelights can be used for projector side light.

So technically you only need H1 bulbs, hope I've cleared it up for a few people :smile:

Bingo :thumbsup: We'll get you there eventually! haha

Edit: You will need to remove the old headlight levelling motor out of the old headlamps too

yeah i understand that mate cheers,first thing thats sunk in tonight!!!

you did buy these lights from reanault didn't you?

Literally get everything I put in my post mate and its plug and play tbh.

Your main beam can be used for projector main beam.

Your dipped beam can be used for cornering light.

Your sidelights can be used for projector side light.

So technically you only need H1 bulbs, hope I've cleared it up for a few people :smile:

clear as day fella,as i've just asked chettle,did you get your lights from renault,(karl)?

Yes mate I had them off Karl, had them in a year or so now, love them!

Ps I was confused as hell when I was purchasing them, might do a how to on what to buy haha!

Yes mate I had them off Karl, had them in a year or so now, love them!

Ps I was confused as hell when I was purchasing them, might do a how to on what to buy haha!

haha,i'm pretty good with most car stuff luke but wires just ain't my thing :s

cheers again guys you've settled my mind and i can buy in confidence,think i'll have a can to celebrate,:drunk:

Is there stock parts for me..?
i need 197 projectors for aftermarket xenons (low beam) / halogen (high beam).
And before mot check i have to remove low beam xenon and install halogen bulbs.

Last edited:
cool cheers chettle,i've got HID sidelight bulbs in that are the whitest i could find but weren't cheap,the problem is the phillips xtreme bulbs aren't quite as white as them,is this a problem i'm always going to have no matter what bulbs i fit?

You can fit some HID bulbs in your dipped beam. Had them in my car and imo they are miles better than any kind of bulb.

Ah right cool cheers,do you get the HID dipped beam bulbs from HID direct then like I did with the sidelights? I'll have a look tomorrow but I'm on my phone at the minute

I ask my question again, do i purchase xenon model projectors or halogen model projectors if i am planning to install aftermarket hid kit for low beam?