Projector Hid or not

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Right guys got my projectors ordered so just need to know is it worth it to Hid and if so the best place to get it from also which bulb combo would be best to match Hid beam as I've seen some of you guys with LEDs to match Hid. Thanks

IMO yes, its pointless upgrading to these lights and not doing it.

Had mine in a month or so now, and not had any problems.

Thread I made for swapping them.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28811

HID colour depends on what kind of colour output you want. Most factory standard are 4300K, slightly yellowey white. Mine are 5000K I think, which is more pure white, with a bluey tinge round the edges, 6000K produces more a blue light.
Indicators usually replaced with silvertecs to remove the "hokey" look the other lights can produce.

I got my bulbs from carbon fanatics, off the forum.

Well guys I need to know which kit , side light led and from who to get them from I've tried carbon fanatics but no reply.

Hids4u is where I got mine. Had them a year but tbh I'm going back to bulbs.

They interfere with my radio, you can't focus them properly so still dazzle incoming traffic (something to do with the bulb distance from the lense) and no matter how much sealant I use around the grommet I still get condensation.

Get some half decent bulbs and you'll be fine.

I want to split the lamps and upgrade to a clearer better quality lense for a Crisper light but that scares me

Ive just ordered some projectors, but going for Night Breakers due to hearing you will need all the other bits that go with the HIDs ie self levelling/headlight washers etc.... dunno how true this is, but i know what ive ordered will be upto the job anyway

I want to split the lamps and upgrade to a clearer better quality lense for a Crisper light but that scares me

Could you not get original xenon headlight units and get an HID kit with D2S bulb fittings?

This was going to be my approach to doing it, as I've seen the results of HID bulbs in halogen projectors and I wasn't impressed by the beam pattern. It would probably end up being quite expensive, but I guess there are quite a few people on here who want to swap their reflectors for (halogen) projectors.

Cheers
Joe

So you guys have had probs with your hids ?

I had a problem with one side not working in the cold last week, don't know how right this seems but it would not come on in the morning but was ok on way home.

Also one morning it would not come on so drove on side lights and once at work turned them on and all ok. as if engine had warmed them up.

All ok now though, now snow has gone.

They also seem to change colour over the years, mine are loads bluer now 18months on.

Will be pulling them out when warmer outside.

LOSTMOTEL

Ive never been happy with the beam pattern and they arent a touch on the standard xenon units you get on the likes of the new audis etc.

Ive been reading up on http://www.theretrofitsource.com recently and am reallllly tempted on doing a proper conversion with proper kit but its so much money. And if you **** it up, the light units arent exactly cheap to replace

Though is post in here instead of starting a new thread.

I've found a set of projectors for sale for the 200 but they are already fitted with HIDs. What I'm wondering is if its possible to remove these and just run with uprated normal bulbs and if so what would be required to do so.

(I know HIDs would be better but the Northern Irish mot could cause major issues and I can't be bothered changing the set up for it).

Any help appreciated.

Of course it is. The only thing you'll need to do is seal the hole in the rear cover otherwise you'll get condensation.

What about bulbs holders? Do the normal H7 bulbs fit? Is it just as simple as swaping the headlight units?