Projector Lights Question (Connectors)

Hi All,

I'm hoping that some of you will be able to help me out with some of your experiences.

So i rushed home tonight to fit my new projectors, bumper off lights out... New lights are a really good fit, look great; however only one of the plugs on each light is a direct fit. The large plug fits fine, but the smaller plug doesn't. On the original lights this plug had 3 pins, and on the projectors it has 2 and further more the old pins are slightly thinner. I'm reluctant to Keep trying to connect them as I don't want to bend or break any of the pins.

Has anyone else ever come across this? If so, how can I get round it?

You need to swop the levelling motors out of the original cluster over to the depo cluster

Yeah I did think about that but the Depo ones are sealed in. There's no casing to remove. The motor must be inside. I've got them in now and I went over to my mates garage to get the beam pattern checked this arvo. It's all good so they must be levelled in the factory. MOT wise I think it's all fine so long as the pattern's fine so I can live without it if a have to.

They won't be levelled. Or they might be but without the motor you won't be able to adjust the beam from inside the car. The motor comes off your old light, remove the cap and connect the motor to the inside of your light.

LQgSCZ.jpg

It's the thing on the right that says valeo iirc.

Rogue is correct. i've done this mod before. on the depo cluster there is a metal rod sticking out that you turn to manually adjust the level.
commenting from memory on a mod done 2 years prior

The Depo ones that I have defo have a built in motor. All sealed in and no way of attaching another motor.

No room to take a decent photo without removing the headlight(s) again... I may get the chance on Sunday

Thinking you may have bought the model with the built in motor. Ive seen it on the website. Not sure how to get around the wiring issue. Auto electrician would know best

Yes mate, they defo have the built in motor. It's no bother at the moment, might get an auto electrician to take a look at some point but I'm in no hurry for now.