Quarter glass rubber seal

hi mate..there is a how to but you need to be a paid member...but yes i fitted mine without removing it...

Make sure you clean out all of the old glue before as well. A store card is good for pushing the new seal in and down.

I need to replace mine as went to Ren in Colchester today to collect and get them to replace the knackered ones.
collected them however can't fit due to they haven't got the equipment to do so ? There main dealers :blink:

Hi Paul, did mine a couple of weeks ago and very easy to do , the longest part of the job was removing the old adhesive which you need an old store card etc , piece of cloth and some Ethanol .
Soak the cloth and wrap it around the store card then proceeded to remove the adhesive.
When fitting the new rubber use a blunt ended tool(I used a timer wedge) no more than 3mm thick on the end so as not to perforate the rubber, you can push the seal into place easily with this.

I need to replace mine as went to Ren in Colchester today to collect and get them to replace the knackered ones.
collected them however can't fit due to they haven't got the equipment to do so ? There main dealers :blink:

Great excuse, lmao! Typical Renault.

That is such b******s from a main dealer :smiley:

It is very easy to do on your own though - but definitely spend time on getting the old glue off. One of my seals fell off, presumably because it wasn't sticking properly...

My passenger side one fell off too even though the glue was cleaned off properly and the strip heated so that the glue was stickier on the new strip. I just pulled it off and am probably going to get the area wrapped in black so the blue paint of the car can't be seen. Was pretty pissed off but I guess it's just one of those things

Rubber seals attached pita to get to remove the old glue sticky pad. some auto gym tar remover and a dentist pick done the job.
heated up the new seals and popped them in, will check in the morn when I open the doors to see if they fall off.:001_huh: