R26 box or quaife?

OK opinions please, r26 box will cost me 600. quite scroll diffs 700 on eBay. is another scroll type on eBay at 450. opinions and differences ?

R26 is just a straight swap, quaife is gearbox out, opened and fitted. Much easier with the r26 gearbox.

So same cost apart no difference in diffs on road

As far as I know the r26 diff is a geared one as is the quaife so they're the same type (sorry gearboxes not my strong point), hence makes sense to use the r26 gearbox.

As far as I know the r26 diff is a geared one as is the quaife so they're the same type (sorry gearboxes not my strong point), hence makes sense to use the r26 gearbox.
OK. I'm not up on these either so was doing some poking around.lol. plus I like the Clio box ratios but not sure how well suited to turbo lump.

OK. I'm not up on these either so was doing some poking around.lol. plus I like the Clio box ratios but not sure how well suited to turbo lump.

Imo the clio gearbox is too short for the megane engine, and of course the megane gearbox is stronger, but a few people have run the clio gearbox. Best place to search is the megane forums, I've learned so much just by lurking.

Imo the clio gearbox is too short for the megane engine, and of course the megane gearbox is stronger, but a few people have run the clio gearbox. Best place to search is the megane forums, I've learned so much just by lurking.
I'm good at lurking. will lurk tomorrow.lol

Ok been lurking on the net looking at gearboxes and found a few non lsd 250 boxes, I didn't realise they used a non lsd box in some cases. I realise obviously the lsd is needed to get the power down but if some meg 250 use non lsd then is it completely necessary? I no someone will have the answer !

Will you take the car on track? If not, or even if it's only once or twice a year then personally I'd put the money towards suspension and brakes before thinking about an lsd for the road. Tbh you 'shouldn't' really be driving fast enough on the road to feel the need for a diff, a good suspension and brake set up will make the car more capable point to point, but on track is where the diff will come into its own.

Will you take the car on track? If not, or even if it's only once or twice a year then personally I'd put the money towards suspension and brakes before thinking about an lsd for the road. Tbh you 'shouldn't' really be driving fast enough on the road to feel the need for a diff, a good suspension and brake set up will make the car more capable point to point, but on track is where the diff will come into its own.
Nope won't track it mainly because they're too far from cornwall.lol. So that being the case I should use the meg 225 box?

I think there are better things to spend 600quid on than a diff if you're not tracking it, like proper suspension with full set up and some upgraded pads.

I think there are better things to spend 60quid on than a diff if you're not tracking it, like proper suspension with full set up and some upgraded pads.
Cool I was thinking along those lines too. Things is are no motorways here, a few dual carriageway s but mostly back roads . That's why I thought might use Clio box, I don't need the ability to max out at 140.lol