Random piston heads Clio adds

Now I often scan through the classifieds to see what's about and noticed the same adds popping up from time to time. Over priced but super low mileage, I was interned in one but after looking into it the mileage is nowhere near.

For example these have bee around for a while and just come by

Gordini 8k miles in the add
Mot says 31k in June 17
Renault wolves

Clio 200 5k miles in the add
Mot says in march 15 says 26k
Auto world

White 200 17k miles in the add
Mot says 49 k in march 17
Auto world

Clio 200 with recaros and nav 11k miles in add
Mot says 33k in Jan 17
autoworld

What's the point in a add that not true and is it not false advertising?

Sounds like shady tactics to tempt people into viewing them. As you say, false advertising surely. But then if they ain't selling, then people are seeing right through it, so it's a waste of time on their part either way.

Now I often scan through the classifieds to see what's about and noticed the same adds popping up from time to time. Over priced but super low mileage, I was interned in one but after looking into it the mileage is nowhere near.

For example these have bee around for a while and just come by

Gordini 8k miles in the add
Mot says 31k in June 17
Renault wolves

Clio 200 5k miles in the add
Mot says in march 15 says 26k
Auto world

White 200 17k miles in the add
Mot says 49 k in march 17
Auto world

Clio 200 with recaros and nav 11k miles in add
Mot says 33k in Jan 17
autoworld

What's the point in a add that not true and is it not false advertising?
Government not checker is a good way of checking history. I use it everytime . Plus you can tell how a vehicle has been kept and used by what it's failed on

Hate this kind of advertising. Spent time, money and miles traveling to see 'low mileage mint examples'. People even lie over the phone about condition even when you say you are traveling over a 100 miles to view the car! A$$holes!

When I was looking around for my car there was a dealer with a red 197 which looked mint in the pictures. Drove half way across the country to see it and found it in terrible condition.

All wheels were flat, battery was dead so it didn't even start, bonnet wouldn't close and there was obvious welds around the top of the B pillars. Looks like someone crunched it and tried to hide it. Dealer claimed ignorance when we confronted him on it...