Really not happy now!!!

Could someone Please take a picture of the space between the left hand head light and the black bumper trim please.

I highlighted the area in this picture.

DSC_0376.jpg

I had some warranty work carried out last year and something just doesnt look right. Just need to make sure im right before i take it too the garage.

As close as possible would be ace.

Last edited:
Here you go Paul;

dde364f1fe73439ca51884b798ea336d.jpg
43cafe61e7fd40d782ade5eb93acfed7.jpg

Hope they help.

Cheers Daz that confirms what i was thinking so will be giving them a call tomorrow and get the car booked in again as its just not right.

Here my left light and it looks totally normal same as Daz`s

DSC_0757.jpg

And here is the affending part. As you can see the is a warped section of the black part just under the light and it has a big bump in it. Not so much in the picture. :worried: The bit where the black and white meets also has a large gap.

DSC_0756.jpg

Done a quick splice of the two next to each other.

gap.jpg

Also looks a little strange here as you can see the white behind the black section. Almost as if somethiung has broken off or been removed as they were struggling to get it to fit.

DSC_0759.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Ok cut a long story short, i dropped the car of today to get it all fixed and this is how it came back to me from a VW bodyshop which is part of my local renault garage.

Now i have some pics.

White section coloured in black

DSC_0793.jpg

Gap still there.

DSC_0788.jpg

Crinkle effect on the black insert coursed by paint on the headlamp where im guessing they squeezed the brush in to paint the rivets.

DSC_0798.jpg

Am i being unresonable to kick up a stink about this?

Car is going back in on the 24th to be done correctly.

Paul

the black centre section of the bumper is desperate to the rest of the bumper.
looks like the bumper needs taking off and the 2 parts putting together properly.

are they taking the micheal sending it back out like that????? they should be ashamed id be straight on to ren uk

i thought id seen some iffy work but thats terrible. Well within your rights to kick up a fuss. Who paints panels with a brush? Why did it even need paint in the first place, like Jase said. Remove the bumper, check the clips and secure it back on. FFS.

:chair::@ "I'm gettin' heartburn. Tony, do something terrible"

Last edited:
that lump under the light is also quite visible, when you pay thousands for a car you expect it right.

Bear in mind this is meant to be a huge step up and is huge amounts more money than the old 182 when they were new.

No offence but do you not find it odd the bumper and wings fitted correctly still dont line up... I mean even the correct picture has a large gap and only the corner of the light fits... and the wing to the bumper has an overhang... I understand its meant to but looks odd to me.

Get it in and get it sorted, I would want a new bumper and not settle for a bodge job. there is a lump and it has a large gap.

Good Luck

Cheers guys.

Trust me i did go ape. Im thinking about running it up to another garage now as i just done want to take it to that one again as they are pretty pants to be honest.

As for the paint of the head light this was due to one of the fastners being replaced on the car the last time the bumper got done and it wasnt the right colour.

Paul

Apparently its a new modification for increased airflow lol....

Worth 5bhp in cooler inlet temps apparently :tongueout:

looks like renault has once again made a front which can only be put correctly in the factory, every operation involving taking the bumper off will probably cause similar problems to other 200 users am afraid, the 197 is no good here either, the bumper pops out of the front wings a few times in the heat, the wing scrubs against the headlamp... aaa they just dont seem to learn....

Ok update time.

The car went back in on Tuesday just gone and was returned on thursday with the same problem still there. This time they have scratch some paint of the black insert :worried:

I have given up with the garage all together. Last week i took the car to another garage with a renault bodyshop but they were unable to do anything as they didnt deal with the original fault.

So next course of action was to ring RUK (26th Aug 13:00). That was the biggest waste of time ever. Was basically told RUK are not reposible and its the Bodyshop who i need to chase up. I explained the fault was originally there when i picked the car up new and the guy said he will contact the garage to hear both sides of the story.

Still awaiting my call back :worried: Customer service is very poor.

The guy basically accused me of lying about who had driven the car and how many miles i had done since i have owned it. Total lose of faith in RUK and the service they provide now after one phone call.

Not really much else i can do but keep sticking the car into the body shop (3 times now). I guess my next step is trading standards, plus i think i will pop down to the CAB in the coming week to see what they suggest.

Paul