Rear Seatbelts

Does anyone know what i would need to add the 3rd rear seatbelt into a clio 200,
Im presuming seat back with center headrest,
Seatbelt
Stalks (twin type)
I would appreciate any help on this, part numbers prices maybe???
If it cant be done i may have to sell the car :nope:

do they not have them? i have a rear middle seatbelt in my 197 it hangs behind the O/S passenger? on like a magnetic clip?

Def not there, it has the cutout for the belt to come through, and magnetic holder in the roof lining though.

if u dont have a middle head rest then u wont have a 3rd seat belt, and also that means u can only carry 2 people in the back and not 3, mate of money had a crash in his 1.2 fiesta, didnt have no middle head rest nor middle seat belt, is insurance wouldnt pay out cos he was carry more people than the car could cater for :worried:

Good thing is he took it to court and won but just be careful

Is your 200 a cup? Strange not having a middle belt! Lol! My 197 has got one and I'd imagine you could get the parts you need of any Clio thats in a breakers. I don't know if you would have to tell DVLA about the seating capacity changes and have the belt tested though.

No centre belt on the non cup 200 either.

It's a long shot (Knowing how $hite main stealers are) but you could give a main stealer's parts dept a shout.

They should be able to tell why the 200 is a 4 seater versus the 197 5 seater status :confused1:

it's now a 4 seater mad this as am sure it has put people off buying one, i was going to upgrade to an AG 200 nearly signed on the dotted line too.
how you'd get round the insurance i don't know even if you did manage to fit a 3rd belt

I honestly doubt the insurers would know/care. While it would be interesting to know the rationale behind the decision, I can't see any issue with retrofitting it.

Does the 200 have the same upholstery as the 197?

I honestly doubt the insurers would know/care. While it would be interesting to know the rationale behind the decision, I can't see any issue with retrofitting it.

Nope cant be done, even the V5C states its a 4 seat (inc driver) car.

My fatty has no middle belt either, but does have the magnet in the roof!

Thanks for all the input,
looks like it will be a nightmare with the insurance,
Dont really want to but im going to have to sell,
Anyone for a 59 AG 200, cup suspension, £7 miles, showroom condition?????