Rear speakers

My cup has the entry level sterio so looking to spruce up the sound abit, can anyone tell me if the wires for the rear speakers are run in and are they active or would I need to run my own wires in, also is there anywhere to mount them behind the grills ? Cheers:smile:

The wires are there all ready to go, mounting holes are there but you'll probably have to cut two connecting lugs off your new speakers to get them to fit, if you have a search you'll find loads of posts

Those speakers are replacements for the fronts, you need two way coaxials for the rear, ie speakers with the built tweeter as the speakers in the above set are just mid range speakers.

So iv had a browse and am I right in saying I can put my front speakers in the back straight swap and buy some upgraded 13cm speakers to fit in the front but mite have to alter the wire connectors and remove or bend 2 of the 4 mounting brackets on the speakers ? Sounds like plain sailing realy :smile:

you could do, but the speaker in the back should be two way (built in tweeter) the front dont have these as the tweeters are in the dash, so it will effect the sound in the back.

these are for the front
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-T..._Technology&hash=item5d4173a86d#ht_1431wt_839

these could be used for the backs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-T..._Technology&hash=item56561051dc#ht_1544wt_839

with these adapters so no cutting of the cars loom
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C..._Cabling_ET&hash=item19dedf2cd5#ht_1703wt_959

Nice one thanks alot, ill just get some 2ways for the rear then or it'll sound quite tinny in the front with all that treble ill get em tmoz ready to fit Monday

I'm doin an installation on Saturday on mine.

Front - Pioneer TSQ-131C Renault Direct replacement

Rear - ALP-SPG13CS Component Speakers (mounting my own tweeter in rear door card)

and then all speakers will be connected to an amp through the standard head unit

InPhase IPA601 600w 2-channel AMP

Ill put a thread up with the progress

That will come alive with the amp i bet, I'm just geting the pioneers from halfords and ill solder the wires straight to the speakers, I hate taking interiors out to run wires for amps and battery feeds I end up with no skin on my hands although its worth it in the end, can't belive how tight renault are scrimping on a set of £30 speakers, wife's fiestas the same tho

Speakers in

Before and after shot, a bit if playing with the fader and there sweet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 67
I've just recently fitted a pair of JBLGT5 502 5.25" (they have tweeter in middle of speaker) in the rear (intended for front, but couldn't fit them in..)

I didn't notice much of a difference, they still sounded a little tinny, even when I faded all the sous to the rear. Is the OEM stereo set up that the front set take most of the sound ??

I'm going to purchase another set of the JBL GT5502 for the front and hopefully that's a good enough upgrade.

Does anyone else have the same set up ?

How has the new install differed to before poketrocket ?

Surely speakers in the front "shouldn't" have a tweeter in them due to being on top of the dash, upgrading speakers on the standard headunit is slightly pointless i.e. you only get out what you put in :worried:

edit: didn. Realise you had a cup so no front tweeters

Last edited: