Rear spoiler

I'd say if you asked Renault they'd say yes..

..though im sure if you asked Halfrauds they'd tell you their "sports exhausts" make your 1.2 punto into a sports car lol!

Personal preference on looks, TBH I do think the rear end does look a little plain on the 197/200's but I dont like the cup spoiler so...

Debateable to be honest...

Should be performing partially as a "ducktail" type spoiler, as it pokes up just high enough to catch the flow coming over the roof, although the radius/hump in the roof line will be probably slowing the air sufficiently for it to be then negligable. But if it is itll bouce that air back off the top of the car and stop it swirling with the draft at the back and the compressed air rushing from beneath the car and thus give marginal stability to the rear at high speed... similar to the recall with the Audi TT when they had to fit the ghey little spoiler to the back to stop the ass end getting light on the motorway.

However the attack angle is nothing to shout about so it wont be giving any downforce in anyway shape or form.

I have kind of noticed the airflow lines in the crap thats building up on my car lol and it seems to help keep the rear screen clear of dirt... ive had no end of hatches that just end up with a swirling pocket of doom at the rear of the car, plastering the rear window with road guff.

Would be interesting to see one in a wind tunnel.

agree with jaxx. not a fan of the cup spoiler as i think it draws the wrong attention but maybe it does work not for aerodynamics but stops the airflow around the car a little

makes it go like siht of a shovel
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
some people have got no taste they look good^^^

Sorry to jump in on this one but I really hate the 200's without the cup spoiler, they look unfinished imo. It was the spoiler that sold the car for me.
Most ppl share my view but there are also ppl who have said they hate it......
each to there own i think.

Bugger, I like it. I think it is a little over the top, but if definately needs some sort of spoiler. I just dont know if I fancy drilling holes in my bootlid.

Personally not a fan of the cup spoiler,but there are a few different ones to choose from now. I have a Sport spoiler on mine and it finishes the rear off nicely. I do like the GT spoiler too. Mine is bolted and bonded on, but tbh I would imagine it would be ok with just the bond.

Bugger, I like it. I think it is a little over the top, but if definately needs some sort of spoiler. I just dont know if I fancy drilling holes in my bootlid.

How about the Elia sprint spoiler sold by KTEC? Its quite subtle, but enough to finish the rear end off. I am intending to get one soon, can be fixed on without drilling holes. There was another spoiler thread very recently where I posted a pic, or do a search. It gets confused with a Renault spoiler sometimes, which is similar but has a gap between the tailgate and the blade. Also known as the Jase spoiler.

I have one fitted to my car. See my progress thread if you want to have a look. In the Clio accessories book it is actually a optional extra offered on the standard Clio range, and is called a 'Sport' spoiler.