Recaro comfort?

Hey guys, new to the forum :bounce1:

Just had a test drive in a standard 197 at a local garage (just to see if it is something I liked).

Loved the car in many ways, but the seats were standard bucket seats and were very comfortable. Is the same with Recaro? I plan on doing maybe a couple of trips in the future you see and this is an important factor for me.

Someone recommend me a purchase too :smiley:

So far:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=2387888&sc=DGB3

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2374795.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2129489.htm

The Recaros are fine for short periods. Anything more than a couPle of hours they hurt my back but they are much better than the normal seats for support

the recaros are comfy but in a more supported way. Wat budget have you got. The 1st is newer but its a cup, which cheaper inside, has normal keys, no cruise control etc to save weight. The 2nd is a special edition f1 which is better on the inside depending on options has the cup pack on it, keyless entry, cruise control. The last one is totally bog standard and has no recaros. Its down to personel preference tbf. Welcome to the site.

I love my recaro's !! Drove from Burnley to St Austel with just one 15min break this summer and never had any problems. Did many many miles in my first 200's recaro seats and my back is fine. I find them very, very comfy.

Thanks for the quick replies! I'm going to look at the White glacier on Saturday, as for the R27, it looks ok, but the roofscoop kills it for me and makes me wonder a little about it's life history.. Without making an assumption.

the recaros are comfy but in a more supported way. Wat budget have you got. The 1st is newer but its a cup, which cheaper inside, has normal keys, no cruise control etc to save weight. The 2nd is a special edition f1 which is better on the inside depending on options has the cup pack on it, keyless entry, cruise control. The last one is totally bog standard and has no recaros. Its down to personel preference tbf. Welcome to the site.

My budget is £9500 mate.

i drove all the way to france last year and have done several long trips. So comfortable and never get achy are irritated. Would never get anything else, they hold you in so well. One of the best features of the car, wouldnt be the same without them for me.

Welcome :smile:

Having had standard seats in my 182 the recaros were a must for me in the 200, they are great for your posture and I love the way they hug you :wink: lol just not very lady like to get in and out of in a skirt.

^^^^lol there is a technique to it, my mates have named them the c*nt bump or the ball banger, depending on your gender.

Oh dear lol I have masterd not bruising the top of my leg which is a bonus so im happy :smile:

What you wanting to view?

Im in Manchester on Thursday if your just wanting to see what the recaros are like?

More than happy for you to have a look at the seats, you wont have to mind how dirty the car is though lol

Have a look in the NW section too if your interested in attending meets etc, there is a members list and group also.

Last edited:
More than happy for you to have a look at the seats, you wont have to mind how dirty the car is though lol

Have a look in the NW section too if your interested in attending meets etc, there is a members list and group also.

Ahh that'd be great. What time would it be at? Want me to inbox my number?

Last edited by a moderator:
My meeting should finish around 3pm so if you could be there around then im more than happy to hang around for 5. Drop me a pm to remind me on Thursday :smile: