Recaro Seat Base Replaced with Different Material

strell

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

I did a quick search and couldnt find anything.
I had my seat base replaced on my R27 recaros today. And when i picked it up i noticed that the material was slightly different.
The best way i can describe it, is that the old material and everywhere else in the car is like a hexagon/octagon weave. And they have replaced it with a straight weave. The bit in the middle of the seats is pretty much the same.

Hopefully you guys can see from these pictures:
Old:
IMG_0218.jpg

New:
IMG_0217.jpg

The material is also slightly darker. I am not best pleased with this, the guy i needed to speak to wasnt in (surprise surprise).
Can i ask the people that have had it replaced if theres was the same as the other material?
And also would you guys stand for this?

Thanks

Joe

Last edited:
waiting for my seat back to be done, to be honest i'd be more happy if the replacement is more robust i'm sick of doing the 197 limbo every time i get in and out, it gets boring after nearly 3 years. that material does look more like normal seat stuff.
i had my drivers base done and it was the same material as they replaced

Thanks for the reply, nice to know that they can replace it with the normal stuff, as the receptionist tried to fob me off with that whats its like now.
And yeah i know what you mean, but to be honest this material feels even worse than the other, it feels softer and thinner.
Which to me equals wear even faster.

yeah i wudnt be happy mate. . . . . .. customer is always right lol

yeah i wudnt be happy mate. . . . . .. customer is always right lol

Yeah well i am not sure if its me being really anal.
But it defo looks worse in real life. Especially as its slightly darker as well, Makes it stand out more

mate. ure allowed to be anal about something u buy and costs so much. i deffo wudnt have it if it was a different colour

If i remember right mine are the same material youve just had put on them, its 29k and i cant see any wear at all, i bought it at 19k.
If the seats dont match then i would be moaning.

Oh right, Chinny - How old is your car?

Cool, i am glad i am not the only one that would be moaning, will be calling them up tomorrow then to see what they say.

You would not believe how much they have messed me about.

its a Registered March 08 - its a 197 Cup, not a R27
yea i had big problems with my local dealer too, like 7 trips to fix bits and bits they broke while trying to fix the original parts.

tell them to swap the other 1 to the same colour if they start moaning mate.

Just checked and it is that material, it is on all the top half of the seat also, so i would be asking them to get them matched the same

Oh right maybe that's the newer material then.
The thing is is they would have to replace the seat backs and the other seat. And to be honest the rear seats as well. As otherwise they'd be different as well.

Alright Joe - did you take it to Mansfield? Saw a RB R27 at the traffic lights just outside around 5.15pm? I had mine done and to be honest I never noticed the difference, I will check this out tomorrow. Did you get your steering wheel done? I am going in tomorrow to book it in for both window seals and the climate control. Also got a knocking feel through the steering.

I had this with mine, i didn't let them fit the new one.

It is just not acceptable driving around with different coloured seats. It will most certainly affect the value later down the line. (looks like its a badly repaired crash damage or something to the uninitiated.)

After a lot of arguing with RUK. (approx 6mths) Got them to agree to replace all interior to match inc front back door cards and headrests.

Then they decided they couldn't get the headrests as they weren't available in the new material.

a lot more arguing....

I ended up with 1k towards a retrim done by a top bodyshop.

Search for 'collides cow' in here to see the leather loveliness i have now.

But don't expect it to come easy - they were a nightmare tbh.

This material is the same as in Rs200.
If you don't like it, go back to the dealer and request the same material as it was.

Alright Joe - did you take it to Mansfield? Saw a RB R27 at the traffic lights just outside around 5.15pm? I had mine done and to be honest I never noticed the difference, I will check this out tomorrow. Did you get your steering wheel done? I am going in tomorrow to book it in for both window seals and the climate control. Also got a knocking feel through the steering.

Yeah was in there. And yeah got the steering wheel done. And window seals. Both on separate trips as they messed me about.

Cheers for all the replies guys. I will be phoning them up and making sure they know I am not happy lol. Let's hope it doesn't tale 6 months.

I had the exact same problem in mine, they replaced the drivers seat with the original fabric and the passenger seat with the new fabric. I ended up speaking to RUK and got the drivers 1 replaced to match. My warrenty runs out in January so i'm kinda hoping i'll need the seat backs replacing by then.

I also had my wind seals replaced because of the common fault with them (tearing), but now they have both come unstuck from the window and need doing again.

P.S. I think the pictures are the wrong way round in the OP by the way.

Yeah realised i have been a right idiot and got the two materials the wrong way round.
They are the right way now.

Yeah its stupid will be on the phone to RUK if the dealer doesnt do anything about it.
Which by the sounds of things they won't

Just seems so stupid to change it though, even the rear seats have that pattern so why change it????