Recaro seat cable

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Anyone know the best place to get a recaro cable for sliding the seat forward and back as mine has snapped passenger side. Thanks

Capital seating but I think its the paddle, cable and all around £118 but cheaper than Renault, how has it failed as the cable can unclip very easy and if it is just the cable a motorcycle brake/ clutch cable universal kit might let you repair the cable itself or join in a new bit in if it has broken. The 172 Clios had a memory pin that can fall out that stoped the seat from going back to the original position.

Hi m8, yea It is that cable it has snapped! Il just make something up in work for that price lol! I need to get my 2 kids in and out the back of the car so has been used to death! Lmao. Thanks [MENTION=53063]turkie172[/MENTION]

I repair my cable with this.
attachment.php

or this
attachment.php

Attachments

• prisionero-cable-freno-y-embrague.jpg
    prisionero-cable-freno-y-embrague.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 54
  • scame.jpg
    scame.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 54
This happened to me a few months ago. I searched for ages to find a replacement but nowhere seemed to do just a cable. However going to a local cycle shop and buying a normal bike brake cable was perfect in the end. Just took the broken one out and slide through the new one. Only fiddly part is getting the cable through the black cylinder type thing with the spring in on the left side of the rail but after that, should be easy! Attach clamps onto each end same as what [MENTION=54628]Ruben203[/MENTION] has posted above and this should keep the tension on the cable to release the chair.

Similar Thread Suggestions