Recaro trim swappable between passenger and drivers seats ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
@turkie172 stated the other day that the base seat piece is swappable. ie: You can take it off a normally little-worn passenger seat; and fit it to the often heavily work drivers side.

Is this true of the upper part too ?

I will have this really nice condition upper when i have my seats retrimmed. Just wondering if it can be fitted on either seat ?

IMG_6431_zpsmnxelma8.jpg

Not true for the upper part because of the fold switch in the back I presume.

You can switch lower ones though.

Na the Recaro CS seat the handles are on the hard plastic back so the covers are symmetrical and should fit left or right seat the std seats have a hole for the tip forward handle, even the Recaro CS airbag does not affect the seat covers. All said I could be wrong I picked up a pair of Recaro's last bank holiday I still have not had a chance to look at them they are still in the race truck in England but should get them home to N.Ireland when the truck gets home for the Northwest 200 after this weekend at Oulton park.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Na the Recaro CS seat the handles are on the hard plastic back so the covers are symmetrical and should fit left or right seat the std seats have a hole for the tip forward handle, even the Recaro CS airbag does not affect the seat covers. All said I could be wrong I picked up a pair of Recaro's last bank holiday I still have not had a chance to look at them they are still in the race truck in England but should get them home to N.Ireland when the truck gets home for the Northwest 200 after this weekend at Oulton park.

Thankyou.

Got a set for yours ?

I kinda presumed Raptor meant they are different because of the mechanism inside somehow, as the tilt-handle is clearly on back of the belt cut-outs and doesnt effect the fabric that i can remember seeing in my brief time with them.

But visually - like you say - i'm guessing both seats look very similar from all directions; so the top trim could well be interchangeable.

Looks like we are still waiting 100% confirmation at this point..... :smile:

Anyone else find these super difficult to "clip" onto the frame of the seat?

its like window glazing rubber sills but mine always seem to pop off, event brand new warranty covers from Renault did years ago on the R27 F1 seats.

The trimmer who's doing my seats had never seen a Recaro CS; up until taking on mine.

When i saw him during the week - he said he's recently been called out to two Clio''s with Recaros to sort out those very same clips popping out.

Your not alone im sure !