Recaro's bolster damages and peeling steering wheel

Just been to look at a Clio f1 , the car was ok but the steering wheel was peeling badly and the bolsters on the drivers seat where really worn. My question is can you get new steering wheels and can you get the fabric to repair the seats? Also what sort of money are well talking about to get it sorted?

Yes, you can get both the steering wheel replaced/refurbed and the Recaros can be fixed too. It's not particularly cheap - I don't know exact figures - but it can be done. I was quoted around £120 to get the driver's side lower bolster repaired iirc.

How is the rest of the car?

Seemed ok but it was pouring with rain, it's had its belts done and a gearbox rebuild in the last 12 months. Needs a good set of tyres and possibly new front disc and pads. My main problem is working out what it's worth !!!

Trade or private? Without seeing it and what you've told me I would be walking away. Sounds uncared for.

Private, he has spent over £2k on it the past year. I suppose different thinks are import to different people
Only because he had to not because he wanted to. Any car I've had has wanted for nothing and I like to keep them in near perfect condition. You asked for opinions.

Need to budget around £120-130 for a refurbed steering wheel.
They do look good though. Check out sevenfourates thread!

Only because he had to not because he wanted to. Any car I've had has wanted for nothing and I like to keep them in near perfect condition. You asked for opinions.
It true he had to do the gearbox, but the problem is I get the feeling a lot of 197/200 are brought but people who can just about afford them , but then find they can't afford to run them

It true he had to do the gearbox, but the problem is I get the feeling a lot of 197/200 are brought but people who can just about afford them , but then find they can't afford to run them

That's a fair point. At the very least he's done the belts and had the gearbox done. He may have neglected the brakes and tyres, but he has seen to one of the major service points.

People always find a way to get the money to run these cars mate. They are that addictive!

Reactions: Jordanfaf
I found and posted a mint F1 here recently with 65k ish on the clocks for right around £4.5k. And it needed nothing and came from a garage with a warranty (Probably still in the ebay finds section).

So with needing discs and pads, seat repairs and tyres - (that you know of)......... I personally wouldn't be going above £3k sitting here. And i'd feel happier at £2750.

As well as the repairs, you've got the cost of your time messing around sorting the issues and if it is an unloved example - it will want more than you can find at face value for sure. As with all second-hand cars !

Personally unless that's all you can stretch to as a start point right now; you'd be better waiting for a "better" example. These are costly cars to maintain at the best of times and some parts can be fragile. A car thats knowingly had a recent owner with an unsympathetic maintenance regime is probably best left "For sale' imo.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jimmy
I had drivers recaro bolster done. It had been botched, with a previous bad repair. It was repaired, back to new, with stronger material, and cost £125. Well worth it.

Reactions: Foxspeed