Remap question

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hi all, I want some feedback from the ones who already had a remap on their car.

Does a remap cure the engine's well known struggling issue on a warm day?
Thanks

Well known struggling issue on a warm day?

Not well known enough for me to have ever heard of this issue?

I've ran Knockhill in 22 degrees weather (Yes, its not always raining at Knockhill) and never experienced any issues.

Do you not mean cold weather? Mine ran faultlessly for the first 2 weeks I had it while it was warm... Then the temperature plummeted and the kangaroo came out lol

they only run rough when started from "cold"...

when warm and its rough - theres something wrong there!

only ever had problems when cold but using tesco momentum or shell vpower sorted that out. Mines is a gem on a warm day gleaming GW flying down a B road in the sun yeah baby lol

Ok maybe not so well known then. Let me elaborate.

It has been discussed here again, not on a very thorough level I have to admit. There were a few (including me) saying that on a warm day (>20C) the car is struggling. You can hear the induction (louder than usual) but nothing happens and the car feels as if it's 1.4 or something.

No other weird behaviour, the car is just marginally slower. When it's cool it's back to normal again. No error messages no nothing. I have discussed it with another Clio 197 owner and he experiences exactly the same hence my decision to pop a question.

Isnt this just because the temperature is hotter? Always makes cars slower.

Ok maybe not so well known then. Let me elaborate.

It has been discussed here again, not on a very thorough level I have to admit. There were a few (including me) saying that on a warm day (>20C) the car is struggling. You can hear the induction (louder than usual) but nothing happens and the car feels as if it's 1.4 or something.

No other weird behaviour, the car is just marginally slower. When it's cool it's back to normal again. No error messages no nothing. I have discussed it with another Clio 197 owner and he experiences exactly the same hence my decision to pop a question.

i do remember some1 mentioning it mate, what kinda filter have u got in ive never experienced it and i run an ITG filter

warm air = less air density = less O2 molecules to burn with the fuel

so the ecu adjusts the fuelling and ignition accordingly based on the lambda readings, so less power

i do remember some1 mentioning it mate, what kinda filter have u got in ive never experienced it and i run an ITG filter

I'm running everything stock mate. I wouldn't of thought that ITG would make such a difference though.
warm air = less air density = less O2 molecules to burn with the fuel

so the ecu adjusts the fuelling and ignition accordingly based on the lambda readings, so less power

Indeed, I understand the physics behind it but what I'm saying is the cars is "marginally" slower, not just slower. Even worse than an asthmatic car on a 2000m altitude in Alps. Do you reckon I have a problem here gents?

think the ITG would make a slight diffrnce over standard as its letting more air in but i dont really kno enough to say it defo will if u kno what i mean. i dont think u have a problem though if its running ok 99% of the time apart from when its scortching. Maybe an idea to ask a couple of the guys on here from australia and see how theres runs cause its warm there all the time lol

You wont stop the ecu retarding the ignition when the engine too hot, ive had it while stuck in traffic on a hot day, once the car gets moving and air starts to cool the radiator, it will run fine. It will be the same no matter what car/map. I presum its to stop the car overheating.

think the ITG would make a slight diffrnce over standard as its letting more air in but i dont really kno enough to say it defo will if u kno what i mean. i dont think u have a problem though if its running ok 99% of the time apart from when its scortching. Maybe an idea to ask a couple of the guys on here from australia and see how theres runs cause its warm there all the time lol

If its warm there all the time how would they know the difference to it running in hot v cold weather

I'm running everything stock mate. I wouldn't of thought that ITG would make such a difference though.

Indeed, I understand the physics behind it but what I'm saying is the cars is "marginally" slower, not just slower. Even worse than an asthmatic car on a 2000m altitude in Alps. Do you reckon I have a problem here gents?

i would yes - sounds like an issue - would be worth having a rolling road test and report etc on it - just in case its running too weak etc