Removal of RS Monitor cover/hood?

Does anyone know if the top cover for the LCD readout of the RSM is removable as a separate part?

I'd like to remove it to trim in Alcantara.

If its anything like the normal display it might be glued together, I know the Sat Nav is in two pieces but don't know about the RS monitor, Dialogy's shows it as one piece but my version is quite old:

upload_2017-3-29_20-32-28.png

If your on about removing the whole thing you either need a decent trim removal tool or my personal favourite a butter knife, you just have to slide it in-between the dash and the trim to prise it away from the retaining clips.

I know once the housing is off you can remove the digital display from inside, might be how they trim them?

upload_2017-3-30_12-16-38.png

The RS monitor should be removable from the housing as the normal clock display is too. I use a screwdriver wrapped in cloth to remove the whole housing. The image below is for confirmation that it can be removed separately

hqdefault.jpg

The RS monitor should be removable from the housing as the normal clock display is too. I use a screwdriver wrapped in cloth to remove the whole housing. The image below is for confirmation that it can be removed separately

hqdefault.jpg

Thank you!

Do you lift up from the front or back with the screwdriver?

Thank you!

Do you lift up from the front or back with the screwdriver?
No worries mate. I usually stick the screwdriver in the front, above the centre vents. When you got 2/3 of the clips out the dash you can easily remove the rest by hand by just firmly gripping it and pulling upwards

No worries mate. I usually stick the screwdriver in the front, above the centre vents. When you got 2/3 of the clips out the dash you can easily remove the rest by hand by just firmly gripping it and pulling upwards

Much appreciated, thanks!

Do you know if the 'hood' section is separate from the lower section at all? It looks like there's a seam.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Do you know if the 'hood' section is separate from the lower section at all? It looks like there's a seam.
I reckon it'll be the same as the normal clock housing which also has a seam but it's all one piece, so you can't split the two sections apart.

Reactions: Christopher