Remus exhaust?????

Hello!!!
I think to place a Remus back box to my clio 197 and i want ask you,,, in principle if it is a good exhaust and how is the sound? Also after this,, i am Thinking replace centre oem silencer with pipe. What are the positive and what negative about this option? (power,noise,etc.)
Thanks for your help!
aboutWhat are the positive and what negative about this optionWhat are the positive and what negative about this option

in principle if

Hello!!!
I think to place a Remus back box to my clio 197 and i want ask you,,, in principle if it is a good exhaust and how is the sound? Also after this,, i am Thinking replace centre oem silencer with pipe. What are the positive and what negative about this option? (power,noise,etc.)
Thanks for your help!
e if

aboutWhat are the positive and what negative about this optionWhat are the positive and what negative about this option
Lots of examples on YouTube mate. I don't think Remus even make an exhaust for these cars? I believe some of the options are Scorpion, Milltek, Akrapovic and Oreca. They're all very raspy, but you're not going to get a massively deep burble with a 4cyl engine unless turbo'ed.

You'll find the car revs more free, but power increase will be un-noticeable. You'll also notice a flat spot! Plenty of threads around for that.

Last edited:
Remus don't do an exhaust for the 197. They do one for the 172 and new shape Clio sport according to their website but that's it. It's usually more Vauxhall VXR that they are quite common on.

For the Clio I'd go with a resonated cat back system, as said above, it can make the flat spot worse if you start messing with removing silencers and having straight pipes put in. A map can help reduce the effects though.

Milltek are good, I've got their resonated cat back system on my car and it sounds great. Few cheeky pops and bangs around town, more so when it's nice and warmed up and it comes to life at high revs. Go on YouTube and search Clio 197/200 exhausts, will give you an idea of what's out there.

Remus don't do an exhaust for the 197. They do one for the 172 and new shape Clio sport according to their website but that's it. It's usually more Vauxhall VXR that they are quite common on.

For the Clio I'd go with a resonated cat back system, as said above, it can make the flat spot worse if you start messing with removing silencers and having straight pipes put in. A map can help reduce the effects though.

Milltek are good, I've got their resonated cat back system on my car and it sounds great. Few cheeky pops and bangs around town, more so when it's nice and warmed up and it comes to life at high revs. Go on YouTube and search Clio 197/200 exhausts, will give you an idea of what's out there.

I found a Remus backbox in stock for 300€. I believe is very good price but I dont know if it 's a right choice and how the noise is. If finally put the remus I am thinking to combine with removal of centre silencer.

If your heart is set on the Remus then by all means go for the back box, but I'd be careful about taking out the silencer on the center pipe. It really can make it horrible to drive while it's warming up without being mapped out.

If your heart is set on the Remus then by all means go for the back box, but I'd be careful about taking out the silencer on the center pipe. It really can make it horrible to drive while it's warming up without being mapped out.

Yeah agree mate. No power what so ever. Totally dead drive.

It also sounds like it's detonating when you drive it when it's cold, very juddery.