Renault Clip from AliExpress - Recommendations?

poisonblue

Paid Member
I have a 2008 Clio 197, and was thinking of getting a Clip interface, but I really don't know much about them, seems to be the Renault specific features outside of the regular OBD2 features I take it?

I've had Audi stuff in the past and had a generic adapter for VCDS, which I got from AliExpress at some point years ago.

For the Renault, is there any recommendations people have, I saw this one in the link, was wondering has anyone bought one or similar?

Renault VCI2 CAN CLIP

I bought one of the older CAN Clip clones a few years ago. It is clunky and my one does regularly disconnect when trying to do longer tasks like changing the firmware on a new radio. It was fine for doing things like coding out airbags.

The new hardware in your link looks interesting as it is substantially cheaper than the older clones like the one I bought. If you do buy one I would be interested to know if it works just as good as the OEM devices.

Reactions: poisonblue
I bought a VCX Nano about £105 and runs Renault clip software 2.19 no stability issues and the genuine Renault software. I bought a Renolink but the software is crap and watch out for that total scammer selling them the hardware was Ok but he does not have the rights to the software so you cant activate it and he does not respond. The problem is the interface because the 197 is older the software for each component is completely in French but seems to be very powerful

Reactions: poisonblue
There seems to be different versions like an se that you can buy support for other car brands later but each must be limited to the type of protocol used to communicate as without paying big money get one box to to talk to all brands.

That is super, I figured it would come from China and that crowd will ship direct to Ireland, so I'll buy exactly the same one as you, great help, thanks so much!