Renault Parts Direct

I doubt there will be, his prices are already heavily discounted. The guy that runs it is called Paul Temperton, he's a top bloke

I doubt there will be, his prices are already heavily discounted. The guy that runs it is called Paul Temperton, he's a top bloke

I don't expect any to be honest, as you say the price is already discounted for what I'm looking at anyway :smile: Just noticed a "Apply Promo Code" box at checkout so figured was worth a quick ask :smile:

Not to worry, I've placed the order. Was too apprehensive about waiting around and the current discount being lifted!

Clutch & Slave kit - £315.91 £188.00(You save £127.91) - so as you said, already pretty heavily discounted :smile:

Just need to find somewhere to do the labour now if GF's Dad cant do it. Been told to expect 8 hours labour :scared:

That's great, thanks for the recommendations. Still waiting to hear from GF's Dad if he might be able to do it (it seems he's gone on holiday for a week) but if not I'll be doing lots of phoning around.

Does anyone know much about the clutch release bearing? Any ideas how many miles the clutch will last once it's started going? (car drives fine at the moment)

Hard to say to be honest. On my 206, some people lasted months with the noise. My release bearing **** itself 2 days after the noise started.

I really hope it's the former! Need it to hold up for at least a week ideally until I can get something sorted out. My first big bill on the Clio, not fun! :worried:

I reckon it should be fine mate, my 206 was in a whole different league of shoddy French workmanship. The Clios are like a Rolls-Royce in terms of build quality in comparison to the 206 :smiley:

It's a slave cylinder in the clio bud, is it noisy or giving you any bother ? If the box is out I would still change tho due to the labour involved if it does go. How many miles your car done ?

It's a slave cylinder in the clio bud, is it noisy or giving you any bother ? If the box is out I would still change tho due to the labour involved if it does go. How many miles your car done ?

Just noise (squeal when clutch is up, stops soon as any pressure on clutch), car still driving OK. Currently sitting on 65,500 - original clutch as far as I know, no paper work to suggest it has been changed.

Bought the clutch kit and slave kit from Renault Parts direct so I'll be getting the whole lot changed one way or another.