RenaultSport Clio 197 in Glacier White - Dodo Detail

Shock, horror! A RenaultSport and Dodo Juice detail today... again :lol:

This particular example was in superb condition, being less than a year old and having less than 5,000 miles on the clock.

On initial inspection, there was only some very light marring/swirling, and lots of fallout/pollen stuck to the car, other than the general dirt/grime from general use.

Here are a few before pics for you:

P1010565.jpg

P1010566.jpg

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

P1010571.jpg

P1010572.jpg

I started off by cleaning the wheels, arches and tyres with Megs APC cut 4:1.

This was followed by snow foaming the car with my Snow Foam, DG901, Hyper Wash cocktail:

P1010573.jpg

P1010574.jpg

P1010576.jpg

The car was then:

- Rinsed
- Hand washed with Dodo Juice BTBM
- Rinsed
- Clayed with Sonus Green and Dodo Born Slippy
- Snow foamed again, then hand washed, rinsed and dried.

The car was then taped up, ready for polishing:

The whole car was then cleansed/corrected with Dodo Lime Prime via Chicago Rotary with a 3M waffle pad and 3M backing plate. The tighter areas were polished using Gloss It backing plate and 3M yellow spot pad.

This combo left a near flawless finish, and really brought the gloss out of the paint, and improved reflectivity and depth significantly.

This was followed up with Dodo Supernatural, and finished with a Britemax #6S wipedown.

The wheels were once again protected with Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine, and the tyres dressed with CG NLTG

P1010597.jpg

P1010598.jpg

P1010602.jpg

P1010605.jpg

P1010607.jpg

P1010609.jpg

P1010610.jpg

P1010614.jpg

Once again, I was very impressed by the LP/SN combo on white, like the Fiesta ST and R26 I did recently.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Russ.

Lol, it does look wonky, but it's because the car is parked on a path so is tilted. It's parallel with the line on the boot

great job Russ,

what product do you find best for the tyres ? is blackfire any good as i am thinking about getting some, any others would you recomend not worried about the cost tbh as long as its GOOD, lol

What do you use to make the foam?
I've got a Karcher Pressure washer with the Vario-spray lance - with mix function for detergents.
I haven't tried it, But I've heard not many people have had success with this.
Any advice?

What do you use to make the foam?
I've got a Karcher Pressure washer with the Vario-spray lance - with mix function for detergents.
I haven't tried it, But I've heard not many people have had success with this.
Any advice?

Hi Carlo,

I just a "HD Foam Lance" like this one:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/HD_Snow_Foam_Lance_1L.html

and a snow foam product, along with regular car shampoo, which combines thick, clingy foam, with good levels of cleaning.

HTH,

Russ.