Robert Kubica

just heard on the bbc news hes apparently as most people have said had massive injurys to his hand, bbc news said "nearly severed" and will be out for all of this season at least

i doubt he will ever be back in an f1 car as there is alot of muscle and movement needed in your hands

sad day, he was one of the more consistent and exciting drivers and im sure he would be winning races this year

just found a vid showing the car (not the crash) look at about 19 seconds in and the interior
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwo7yeUPJVk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Whoa, I'd seen a photo of the car and didn't think it looked that bad but they you see the inside and the bulkhead is just...not there

Hope he gets better soon, we need him in F1

I know, it must have been awful for everyone involved.

The good news is that the doctors woke him up for a short period of time today and he was able to talk to his relatives and was aware of what had happened, apparently one of the first things he asked was that his co-driver was ok.

His manager revealed that he was trapped in the car for at least an hour after the accident occurred and whilst he had suffered fractures to his elbow, shoulder and leg, his hand had been partially severed and he lost a lot of the blood making the rescue extremely difficult and critical. The operation seems to have gone well and he was able to move his fingers whilst he was awake. The doctors will keep him sedated and asleep for at least the next 24 hours and he may require further "light" surgery to repair shoulder and elbow injuries.

The below article on BBC F1 is a really good update; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9389513.stm here's hoping we can see him back soon!

Such a shame he's gonna miss this season, i thought i was gonna have another strong season this year, hope he makes a full recovery

Im not too sure he will be back in such a short space of time. He has a broken leg, arm and then the damage to his hand. The normal breaks will take 6-8 weeks to heal and then it will probably take longer until they are strong enough to cope with 5G braking force etc. With rehabilitation and muscle loss while the bones are repairing its going to take be another couple of months on top. I honestly don't think he can be back before June-July and that would be best case scenario.

It looks like renault are going with Heidfeld for the next test. Seems a safer choice than the rookie option, although I wish they'd give young Senna a crack at a real F1 car....just to see....

Edit

Looks like I get my wish. Senna will share the test with Heidfeld. Interesting!

Last edited:
Yeah that will be interesting to see the comparison between the two. I think Heidfeld's experience is too strong for Renault to pass up on. Hopefully it will put them in a good position.

Heidfeld really annoys me. One of the least aggressive race car drivers. Seems like he doesnt have the ability to overtake.

Tbh, I'd give young Senna a go.

Dont put Heidfeld in for good shakes i fall a sleep when he talks lol

Senna all the way new blood and you they cant not put the Senna name in that car of those colours its too good a chance to miss