RR Printout Thread

I presume clutch power is at the crank and max power is at the wheels ?

The torque figure seems extremely high. Average 197's / 200's with exhaust, filter, remap etc only put out around 160lb-ft.......

The torque figure seems extremely high. Average 197's / 200's with exhaust, filter, remap etc only put out around 160lb-ft.......
I don't know buddy if I'm honest, I've only owned it a few weeks, maybe I need to take some pics of the bay and let you guys examine

I think that torque figure may be in nm, which if i'm right would be around 145ish lb/ft?

Had a great day at RS Tuning today with the guys from the Facebook RS 197/200 club. Nice bunch of folk. Had my car remapped there yesterday & was initially a tad disappointed with the result. I have Cobra cat back with sports cat & K&N panel filter. Before I got car on the rollers Paul @ RS Tuning warned me that because my car is currently running on winter tyres which might overheat on the rollers the dyno would probably show a lower BHP. That's my excuses out of the way! Anyway the result was 188bhp precisely. Printout at end of this post. However having been there with the guys today I'm actually pretty pleased. I know that RS Tuning's rollers are known for being particularly accurate & my car turned out to be one of the better performing cars today. There was a raider with more mods than mine that achieved 190bhp, & a 197 with various mods including a non standard ecu that made 199 (I think, certainly around that). One chap turned up in a Ferrari, but it didn't go on the rollers. He also has a 197, which he absolutely loves. Said that the drive to Leeds from Birmingham was boring & he wished he'd brought the Clio as it's more fun. Goes to prove what fun cars we have.
I got a run in a car with a Milltek exhaust & also in one with a decatted Scorpion exhaust complete with Toyosports manifold as a comparison with my Cobra system. Tbh the Milltek was a nice sound, but not much louder than the standard system, the Scorpion very much louder unsurprisingly given that it's decatted. My Cobra is nearly as loud as that Scorpion system at least from inside the car, despite being resonated, but quieter from outside, though still nicely rorty, so hopefully I won't have problems on track days.
EDIT: I should add that since the remap the car is so much smoother in it's power delivery & got rid of a flat spot I hadn't realised I had until I didn't!WP_20170121_20_14_50_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time Johnny. Rollers seem to vary up and down the country so can only really compare with the cars that are run on the same day IMO

Are you happy with how the car feels/drives after having it mapped?

Sounds like you had a good time Johnny. Rollers seem to vary up and down the country so can only really compare with the cars that are run on the same day IMO

Are you happy with how the car feels/drives after having it mapped?
Definitely very happy thanks. As I said I got rid of a flat spot I didn't know I had until it wasn't there anymore! Much better power delivery now.

Definitely very happy thanks. As I said I got rid of a flat spot I didn't know I had until it wasn't there anymore! Much better power delivery now.

Doesnt a remap just make a whole World of difference !

Glad its all pulled together Johnny. There will be a wider smile on your face for a while............

Reactions: Johnny 99
Nice write up Johnny, and glad to hear you're happy with the results. I saw the photos on Instagram from that group, and also the lad with the Raider - he said as well that in general the results were all below the 190 mark and that his was one of the higher results.

It looked to be a good turnout, would have popped over if I'd known it was happening!

Nice write up Johnny, and glad to hear you're happy with the results. I saw the photos on Instagram from that group, and also the lad with the Raider - he said as well that in general the results were all below the 190 mark and that his was one of the higher results.

It looked to be a good turnout, would have popped over if I'd known it was happening!

It was a really fun day Jimmy. Around 20-30 cars turned up & there was a buzz about the place from early morning until the latter half of the afternoon. I was pleased for the organisers as it was the club's 1st event. They've only been going for a few months & already have 500 Facebook members & 1000 on Instagram (which I don't have). Mainly guys (& girls) in their 20's, but there were a few of us oldies in their 30s, 40s & 50s! Some lovely cars there & a lot of car talk. All in all it was a great 1st event for the club.

Reactions: Jimmy
Ok after reading a thread on here that got a 'little out of control' over some K Tec remap results, I wanted to upload mine - before and after runs and in my opinion they seem very reasonable figures I think?

Mods are cat cams, akro evolution exhaust, k tec induction kit.IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1656.JPG

Ok after reading a thread on here that got a 'little out of control' over some K Tec remap results, I wanted to upload mine - before and after runs and in my opinion they seem very reasonable figures I think?

Mods are cat cams, akro evolution exhaust, k tec induction kit.View attachment 16636 View attachment 16637

Great result I'd say.....

Another with good torque. Bet that drives well.

All the mods / mapping done at the same time ? The difference must massive....

Great result I'd say.....

Another with good torque. Bet that drives well.

All the mods / mapping done at the same time ? The difference must massive....

Yep all mods done at the same time just uploaded my progress thread this morning as I thought it may be of interest also as Its from K Tec who seem to get slated for their remap/RR results. Something I do find odd is when people quote the K Tec after output you rarely actually see the print out..hmmm or is it just me?.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Mods are:
Reprofiled 197 cams
R3 airbox
Decats
Milltek

f26b5ee6e879e8e6712ba49c3b72f441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should add your recent video to this post too buddy - so everyone can hear it, see it and understand how clean it revs and well it pulls :smile:

Reactions: A1axx