RS 200 Alloys - Spraying Black?????

So... I have the RS 200 alloys currently on my 197 but have always fancied the look of black alloys as the car is color coded red and black. I was wondering if anyone had experience spraying alloys and if it would look good if done well?

Or does anyone know where you can buy the alloys or similar in black?

cheers

Picture Below

attachment.php

Yeah i agree i didn't think about the mirrors but thinking about it that would look quite nice :smile: i have never sprayed alloys as this is my first car, but is it as simple as i think? or have you not done much yourself either?

Is a couple of guides in the how to section, £5 for membership for a year! Well worth it.

Alternativley a bodyshop could do them, my local one charges £50 per wheel. Some places will charge more depending on how much work they put into them/quality of workmanship.

I'm not sure I'd recommend spraying the wheels, better to get a "proper-job" done and have them powder coated if you're going to do it. Prices generally range from £30+ but shouldn't be anymore than £50.

My wheels were sprayed (already done when bought the car) and they're starting to look a bit naff already - certainly the fronts are going to need re-doing (properly this time around).

While black alloys look great, I had black Speedlines, they are a total pain to keep. I'd go satin or matt finish rather than gloss (which I had) as gloss show every mark.

I may go matt black but everything else on the car has been painted in gloss black so it might look a bit weird?

I called my local alloy guys today and they have quote £60 per wheel for a powder coated and and extra £20 to have the center caps done seems like a bit of a rip off????

Not too bad.

Just do the centre caps by yourself, you will hardly notice they are so small, you can pull the diamonds out seperately.

That's about the right price. I had my 200's done satin black, £250 for powder coating and centre caps.

Satin works on the wheels well, ties in with the gloss and isn't such a ball ache to clean. Though if I did them again I would go matt I think, as I don't think the wheels not being gloss matters with respect to having gloss black bits on the car at all.

I had mine satin, they were already black when I got the car but obviously an aerosol job as it was starting to flake off.

If you don't get it done proper then you will wish you had.
Screenshot_2015-04-06-10-50-21-1.jpg

Yeah i think i will get it done professionally after seeing your comments, will book it in next month and show you the results :smile: The ANT can i also ask did you put your spoiler on yourself? aswell as the front spoiler looks really good! :smile:

Yeah i think i will get it done professionally after seeing your comments, will book it in next month and show you the results :smile: The ANT can i also ask did you put your spoiler on yourself? aswell as the front spoiler looks really good! :smile:

Thanks but no, the spoiler and the front splitter/air dam were already fitted when I got the car. I have toy'd with fitting the skirts as well but I don't think I'll bother with them.

Haha your car is literally the image i had of what i wanted my car to look like! I am not sure where i would get a spoiler in red from though i think yours is a cup spoiler? i was thinking of getting the smaller spoiler but couldnt find one anywhere in red.