RS Gearknob on Ebay?

it held on good, but it takes awhile to get straight and at right high. three bolts holding adapter on gear stick, and you screw the knob on it

Last edited:
Tkt12

I've just received mine from Turkey. It took about a week or so (advised anything up to 3 weeks, so very quick). The item is very well made, well engineered. Weighty, smooth as silk, the badge is smooth and cleanly attached to the main "ball". It is genuinely well worth it. Unlike the preceding photo, mine has "Renault Sport" on the black badge in white lettering in the correct fonts, nit "R.S.".

Last edited:
Car is just being "finished" after not making the cut on it's MoT and giving Renault a windfall profit at the dealer's expense for the front hub-carrier/ball joint and a new set of front pads. The garage "Norman's Garage' in Knaresborough, near Harrogate, is a real spanner garage - none of yer painted floors and £150 per hour rates! Deals with everything and is an MoT station. Paul, the owner, very good mechanic. Very happy to let me sit on a wheel and watch him put it all back together. Then having to sort out the corroded pins in the Brembos to change the pads. He knew all the things that cause problems on them. I'll go back because he knows what he's doing and is honest and having seen him work know that I can trust it!
i'll come back to you tmrw when I do fit it. It looks good and feels really nice!

what problems they got? mine ftted about half year ago and very good. its only taking bit longer to fit thats all imho

Have now fitted the Turkish RS knob. The first problem was the force needed to remove the original item was beyond me. It would have stayed put as a considerable amount of brute force is necessary but I was at the Dealer's showroom and, fortunately, a cunningly worded invitation to the largest employee in the showroom to assist by pulling the knob off did result in it being wrenched off as well as the gear stick but in separate bits.
The alloy collar/ inner section just slots onto the stick after the reverse "pull up" return spring is replaced onto the stick. This is then tightened onto the stick with the 3 grub-screws set into the collar. Knob then screws onto the collar. Slight readjustment of the collar so that the end of the thread of the knob coincides with the feature on the knob.
Big problem now encountered. The diameter of the collar exterior is a a few (not many) thou' larger than the inner measurement of the reverse "pull up" so it needs the pull up to be filed down to fit without sticking. Not a major pain but worth noting.
It looks the dog's dangly bits! And for the saving over the Renault alternative, five minutes of gentle filing is not a hard way of keeping enough towards the next bit of the project.

Has anyone fitted these to a five speed non sport box without reverse pull? the existing knob looks very long, would it still fit? guessing the top of the nob will be a couple of cm lower?

Dom

I fitted mine a month ago and have no issues with it

I did have to file it down a little so the reverse lifter would lift but nothing major.

Very happy

only downside is the metal is freezing in the morning!!!

Fitted mine yesterday and the quality of the actual gear knob is actually very good. Was a bit fiddly getting the collar over the plastic that held the OEM gear knob but with some precision dremel work and a bit of patience it worked a treat. Although I have noticed now that the release spring is a little bit loose and rattling. Will address this tonight, I'll get some pictures and put a little guide together for anyone looking to do this in the future.

Fitted mine yesterday and the quality of the actual gear knob is actually very good. Was a bit fiddly getting the collar over the plastic that held the OEM gear knob but with some precision dremel work and a bit of patience it worked a treat. Although I have noticed now that the release spring is a little bit loose and rattling. Will address this tonight, I'll get some pictures and put a little guide together for anyone looking to do this in the future.

Much the same as mine Jack, I complained and got another, but the fitment was still the same, like you say a few mins with the dremel and all good.

I'm not sure if this was because they we originally made for the megane's or if this guy has just fluffed up his diameters when making them. But for 5 minutes work it really gives a nice look and if I can do it then anyone can haha :smiley: