rs250 discs

choppen

Paid Member
ive seen a few people put megane rs250 340mm discs on there megane 225s with a bit of modification might be a much cheaper way of having bigger brakes on the clio!

17's probably won't fit, also the centre bore is bigger so you'd have to make a ring to keep the disc centered.

tried finding alternatives at alot of car makes but none fit the bill really

wouldn't say much cheaper though as you would need longer caliper bolts, spacers, redrilling the discs, filing the calipers for the bigger diameter disc and fab a ring for both discs.

there isn't any aftermarket set available for the 250 yet so discs are about £250 new, ad to that the cost and time of the rest and you'll be heading towards the reyland 330 kit territory price wise.

when the day comes that 250 discs will be more affordable i'll probably be doing this but for now the original ones will do.

Last edited:
17's probably won't fit, also the centre bore is bigger so you'd have to make a ring to keep the disc centered.

tried finding alternatives at alot of car makes but none fit the bill really

wouldn't say much cheaper though as you would need longer caliper bolts, spacers, redrilling the discs, filing the calipers for the bigger diameter disc and fab a ring for both discs.

there isn't any aftermarket set available for the 250 yet so discs are about £250 new, ad to that the cost and time of the rest and you'll be heading towards the reyland 330 kit territory price wise.

when the day comes that 250 discs will be more affordable i'll probably be doing this but for now the original ones will do.
I was under the understanding that the centre bore was the same size as megane and clio discs are all the same size and if they fit the megane they must fit the clio £230 for genuine brembo grooved discs 14mm spacer washers and 4 longer bolts and discs redrilled which would be easy to do I think it could be all done for £250 all in which is under half the price of reyland discs

You'll want a bit of extra space too to take into account the expansion of stuff when the brakes get hot, I've heard of that being an issue with old rally cars before when rules say they must use 13" wheels and people go that little bit too far.